Looking for a break from the city

timmyJjackson

Registered
Hello all! My name is Tim and I am an ex-pat from the greater Washington DC area visiting Buenos Aires every other week from Punta Del Diablo, Uruguay. I am a hostel employee at El Diablo Tranquilo and look forward to spicing things up in the city when I visit. Does anyone organize any weekly meetings for a brew, post superbowl talk, or chance to connect with our local patriotiers?

I am looking forward to spending a lot more time over the next 6 months in B.A and would be nice to meet some fun faces. All help is appreciated and look forward to connecting!

Also, as the city life always puts a pep in my step, it is also nice to take a break from the pace and head to a stretch of quiet and peaceful beach! If anyone is interested in talking about how we could organize an easy, fun, and cheap trip up north, let me know, it'd be a blast to put together!

Cheers,

Tim

Check out the Friday Night Drinks weekly thread in the Expat Life part of this site. A mixed age group of ex-pats and locals meet up every Friday for a few brews from 8 onwards, until dawn usually! Tonight (Fri 18th) will be at Krakow Bar in San Telmo, at Venezuela 474, between Mexico and Belgrano..... We move around different bars each week, and usually post the info on Thursday evening or Friday morning.

Thanks for the heads up everyone! I'll be in BA this Thursday (24th) until the following week hopping around, definitely look forward to some beer and banter. I'll take a look to see where the group meets and hopefully link up!

Cheers,

Tim

Tim, sounds like you'll be able to aprovechar between gorgeous coastal Uruguay and the energy of Buenos Aires. Just out of curiosity, being that you travel back and forth 2 times/month. How do you make this trip???? I imagine that Buquebus would be too expensive (and boring).

@Carly Well Buquebus is what I usually take as half of the reason I make my trips is for business, the other pleasure, so it works out really well! I'm looking to settle full time at the end of April so I am trying to "aprovechar" my time there these next few months so I will be ready to be a fulltime porteno haha

Back