looking for a church

mienke

Registered
Hi everybody,

This Christmas we just realised again that we are very keen to join a church in BsAs.

We are looking for a church that is english speaking and not catholic. Anyone have any pointers?

I know of the one in San Isidro, just a bit out of the way, but else thats the one it will be.
Else some fellow believers wo want to meet up?

Have a blessed last few days of 2011!

not quite what i was hoping to find, but each to their own...

There's an Anglican church (Episcopalian if you're American) on Calle 25 de May around Peron (mas of menos). When I stuck my head in there one Wednesday, the lady who greated me switched from Spanish quickly to English when she realized that I bathe regularly. Their services my be bilingual.

There is also an Anglican church in Hurlingham (probably out of the way as well) that is all in English except for the sermons. The congregation is probably fairly old at this one.

There's a Presbytarian church at the corner of Peru & Av. Belgrano in Monserrat that might be English, but I wouldn't bet on it. And then there is a Methodist church on ~Corrientes between roughly Esmeralda & Maipu (south side of the street) that you might want to look into.

There is an Anglican/Episcopal (English-speaking) church in Martinez very close to the train station as well.

surfing said:
There is an Anglican/Episcopal (English-speaking) church in Martinez very close to the train station as well.

Which is on Sarmiento, one block from the railway line towards river on the left.
I only know this because they hold AA English speaking meetings there.

We've been looking as well and haven't had any success. At least there's nothing within reasonable travel distance that we've found sofar. I think we're going to give the Presbyterian Church at Av. Belgrano 579 a shot for a while. 7pm, Sundays, in Spanish, but a decent amount of English speakers in the congregation.

Let me know if you go and we'll be sure to go as well.

Gringoboy said:
Which is on Sarmiento, one block from the railway line towards river on the left.
I only know this because they hold AA English speaking meetings there.

The AA crowd seems more fun to be with ;)

mienke said:
not quite what i was hoping to find, but each to their own...

I found rather fun how you Protestant Americans (I'm an Atheist of Catholic Christian, Orthodox Christian and Jewish Reformist origin of Slavic, Sephardic Jewish and Latin blood) relate to the church, namely in the countryside

I've had a consulting client in Atlanta, GA for many years and traveled to Georgia several times a year during the course of almost ten years. The first question I was asked many times upon meeting someone was ''What church do you attend?''

To each his own, sure. But, the church has gone little too far in the US and certain Latin countries

Back