Looking for a good "closed-door" restaraunt?

pixer12

Registered
Hey, everyone;

A friend of mine is visiting me this week, and I'd like to take him to a good "closed-door" restaurant (you know, the type that's in someone's own home). Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Regards,
Michael

The PH I owned for just over one year in Nunez would have been perfect for a "closed door" restaurant, but even if I had posted about it here, the secret would have been difficult to keep.

Asking about an illegal business on a public forum may not produce the desired answer.

I guess it wouldn't - but I didn't see the harm in posting. Oh well.

Hey, I would recommend Casa Coupage. I've dined there before and it was the best food I've ever had. I know they do two different option, 2 nights a week, one geared more towards wine tastings and food pairings. They have a web page here: http://casacoupage.com/

I went to Casa Mun tonight. Based on the great reviews, I had high hopes and it didn't disappoint. Probably the best meal I've had in Buenos Aires.

I went to Casa Saltshaker once, and my meal was HORRIBLE. I still gag thinking about those dishes, like flavor combinations somebody had thought up while high on pot. I haven't tried Casa Mun, but it receives almost universally favorable reviews.

I third casa sunae. It's my favourite place to eat in Buenos Aires. I'm not a big fan of the communal table concept at most closed door places but at cocina sunae, you get a private table and it has more of a traditional restaurant layout in a nice, homey environment.

Back