Looking for a place to watch the superbowl in BA

blueslover

Registered
Hi

I am looking for a good place to watch the superbowl in BA in either Puerto Madero or Recoleta areas.

I dont know about in those locations but you can see it at El Alamo, Uruguay 1175 or Casa bar at 1150 Rodriguez Pena. Alamo is more of a smokey American sports bar whereas Casa bar is a little classier with a bigger coctail selection.

Alamo is an ugly place owned by an unethical ugly person(s). The crowd is mostly very young (20-24) locals who come to mingle with English speakers, not because they are sports fans. Patorns are allowed to smoke freely, the noise doesnt allow one to listen to the audio, and the food stinks.
It is puzzling that the place has survived -probably due to the 30 peso door charge. IT IS TO BE AVOIDED BY ANYONE WHO VALUES A SMOKELESS ENVIRONMENT, LIKES TO LISTEN TO THE ANNOUNCERS, AND WANTS A DECENT SNACK DURING THE GAME.

Hey guys, Sugar Bar in Palermo Soho is the place to watch the SuperBowl. Should be packed but there are 2 giant screens with loud audio, and great food (best burgers in BA, buffalo wings, salads, American style sandwiches, nachos, etc.) Located on Costa Rica 4619 between Armenia and Gurruchaga. Check out the site.. http://sugarbuenosaires.com.

We will be watching the Super Bowl 2011 on large projection screen in Buenos Aires Bar Krakow on Venezuela 474 (betw Defensa and Bolivar) in San Telmo/Monserrat area.The bar is big and there are some comfy sofas to book if u come in early. Large range of taps, cocktails, hard liquors and food from regular pub fare to total gourmet.
Located close to subte and buses.
More info: google maps
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou....601563,-58.372765&spn=0.138472,0.308647&z=12 , or
website (http://www.krakow-cafe.com.ar/index-ingles.html)

I am one of the owners of El Alamo and I would like respond to some of the critics here and tell everyone what the deal is for the Super Bowl on Sunday October 6th. We will be charging a $50 entrance fee which will include vouchers for two drinks, either Quilmes draft or mixed drinks made with domestic liquor. The game will be shown on 10 large LCD TV's spread over two floors (6-42" and 4- 32") in HD with english commentary. There is not a seat in the house that lacks a clear view of one of the tv's. No, the food is not the same as you would find as one of the finer sports bars in "any city USA". However, the Argentines (who are 95% of our customers) love it and continuously buy it. Yes, we allow smoking in the bar (as we are licensed to do as a result of having the requisite square meterage) because our local customer base demand it.
I have no idea why several posters on this forum continuously trash El Alamo, call its owners "unethical" and/or "jerks", etc. At the end of the day, El Alamo is the largest, best equipped, and most dependable place to watch US sports in Buenos Aires.

"Better to keep your mouth .............................. and remove all doubt"
October 6th?
How much fun will it be to watch the game, in a smoke filled bar, where 95% of the patrons are Argentine and most don’t understand or care about the game?
Sometimes people can not help but shoot themselves in the foot.
May I suggest a location that is named after Argentina's favorite condiment...... Sugar.....

Back