Looking For Advice Regarding Overstay & Dni

I would think that the original poster is very likely to be refused entry. OP, I think you need to make a decision and either find a way to get residency or skip the trip.

Ok well i am fairly certain i could get a company to sponsor me for a work visa here.
Edit: I shouldn't have any problems getting in if i get a work visa from this company before reentering i assume?

Ok well i am fairly certain i could get a company to sponsor me for a work visa here.
Edit: I shouldn't have any problems getting in if i get a work visa from this company before reentering i assume?

If you don't "get" the "work visa" before you leave you, will not be able to get it until after you reenter, unless the work visa can be granted by an Argentine consulate abroad...and I don't think that is possible.

You could leave and be certain of being able to reenter if you have a precaria, but you can only get that after you submit all of the required paperwork to migraciones, including the paperwork migraciones will require from the company (which must be approved to hire foreigners to do a job that cannot be done by an Argentine).

In other words, if you are able to submit all of the required paperwork before you leave and it is accepted by migraciones, you will receive a "precaria" which will allow you to reenter without any problem.

PS: In order to renew a "work visa" you'll have to provide the last two months pay stubs, so the company will have to be willing to pay you for the last two months if you plan to renew (even if you aren't really working for them and you give them back the money). They would also have to pay AFIP the appropriate taxes based on your salary and those funds would not be refunded by AFIP.

You are obviously aware of the consequences for being a pseudo tourist. It would be interesting to know the "consequences" (if any) for being a pseudo employee (as well as a pseudo employer). I'm "fairly certain" that lying to migraciones is a crime.

Hopefully, citygirl and/or Bajo_cero2 will have something to say about that.

I'm guessing the OP is talking about a real work visa, not a pseudo one? Work visas are a huge commitment for the employer and involve a fair amount of costs both time/money (getting approval to employ foreigners, on-site visits of the company, salary (and taxes) required to be paid, etc. I can't think any company would undertake that if the OP weren't going to be seriously employed by them.

I'm not one to generally worry about people who stay here as a tourist for extended periods of time - I've found time and time again that the "crackdown" simply doesn't exist and migraciones doesn't really care. But 3 overstays seems to be way too high of a risk for leaving and trying to re-enter.

The work would actually be unpaid volunteering? Does that make much difference?

I have read that if you do any work, paid or unpaid for more than 90 days you do need a work visa. When i say volunteering i mean its a job working in a hotel, but just in exchange for accomodation.
Well, guess i'll soon find out if your right.

I'm not one to generally worry about people who stay here as a tourist for extended periods of time - I've found time and time again that the "crackdown" simply doesn't exist and migraciones doesn't really care. But 3 overstays seems to be way too high of a risk for leaving and trying to re-enter.

I agree with this 100%. If there was actually a "crackdown" the folks at migraciones would not still be telling anyone who asks for a 90 day extension that they can/should go to Uruguay for the day to get a new 90 day visa, and they would not have recently told the couple who wants to get married with one of them having an expired 90 day visa that there wouldn't be a problem, at least as far as migraciones is concerned. If there was a "crackdown" they probably would have taken the offender's passport to a supervisor and come back with a ten day "order" to leave the country.

All of the "deportations" I've read about happened at EZE, so leaving and trying to reenter with three (and perhaps four overstays if Jimmy's most recent 90 day visa will have expired before the proposed holiday departure) would be pretty risky.

Back