Looking For Advice Regarding Overstay & Dni

I have read that if you do any work, paid or unpaid for more than 90 days you do need a work visa. When i say volunteering i mean its a job working in a hotel, but just in exchange for accomodation.
Well, guess i'll soon find out if your right.

Just before I read this It occurred to me that there might be a visa category you could try to get for "volunteer" work for a charitable organization, but working in exchange for lodging (aka accommodation) in a hotel won't be one of them.

The hotel would have to "prove" to migracione's satisfaction that it was "work" that could not be performed by an Argentine, and, as citygirl wrote: "Work visas are a huge commitment for the employer and involve a fair amount of costs both time/money (getting approval to employ foreigners, on-site visits of the company, salary (and taxes) required to be paid, etc."

The hotel owner/management probably wants to avoid these costs by trading lodging for work, but they would be putting themselves at risk for fines for having any "undocumented" workers. Hotels are a common target for inspections by AFIP to find them as well as any other workers who are required by law to be paid.

Ok sounds like that won't work out then.
I think i will just chance it then and maybe get a new passport and make sure if i do decide to come back i arrive in aeroparque where they don't scan your fingerprints(last time i checked)
There was a guy who recently got in on his 5th overstay so it is possible.

Back