Looking For Argentine Bands Recommendations

cuarteto cordobés, rodrigo and la mona gimenez. El negro rada

Onda Vaga
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ufS9fROh6Z4

They are not trance or electronic rock at all, but as far as I recall, no accordians are used.
They are all from BA and in their late 20s and early 30s, so definitely not jubilados :)

all these bands are from thirty or forty years ago.
they are sixty and seventy year old hippies.

not that that is a bad thing- but its kind of funny to me to see the recommendations.
cuarteto de nos is basically an 80's socal ska band- like a sublime cover band.
rata blanca is like what spinal tap would sound like if they were pretending to be Stryper.

Pappo died over ten years ago. (I own a Pappo cd, its not bad, reminds me of canned heat)

this is music for jubilados.
And you are what?

And you are what?

Well, in the sixties I was a hippie.
In the seventies, I became a punk. Plus, I listend to a lot of first generation rap.
In the eighties, I kinda skipped grunge- I had worn those flannel shirts in the sixties. But I liked Afghan Whigs, and Sonic Youth, and all kinds of the indie rock.
By the 90's I was more into the electronic stuff. Just a plain old garden variety weirdo, then.
2000's, I was without a brand name- but there was all kinds of great music then.
Now, I am not quite old enough, by argentine standards, to be a jubilado.
But if I qualify for a check- by all means, you can call me a jubilado. Just spell my name right, and wake me up for meals.

I own about half the records talked about here, from early Spinetta, to Soda Stereo, to Onda Vega, mentioned above- but mostly, I am trying to be alive today- that means, in addition to all the music I loved from the last fifty years, I am interested in what is coming out now- so I go see cumbia villera, electronic dub, technofolkloria, and singer songwriters with guitars. I like lots of stuff from long ago- but that doesnt mean I ONLY like the oldies.
And I do draw the line at Rata Blanca- its not even bad enough to be funny, its just bad.

Tonight, I am going to see El Remolon and Nakatomi Plaza.

not that that is a bad thing- but its kind of funny to me to see the recommendations.
rata blanca is like what spinal tap would sound like if they were pretending to be Stryper.

Pappo died over ten years ago. (I own a Pappo cd, its not bad, reminds me of canned heat)

How is this music por jubilados? 70% of the bands i posted above you are still around. And some like Spinetta and Cerati have recently passed away, they were still playing a couple of years ago. The only 'old bands' in there are Sui Generis (Charly and Nitro Mestre are still going though), Los Abuelos, Sumo and Pappo. Some bands like Catupecu, Divididos, Attaque, Massacre and Carajo play every other day, others like La Renga and El Indio play once in a while in bigger places, but they're all still making music if thats all about.
Also OP seems interested in learning about argie music and learning spanish, so we posted the classics... he wasn't interested in boy bands, cause there are plenty of those too.

good music is never out of fashion

as you youngsters will learn, we will all be aging someday.
aint nothing wrong with it - its a natural process.

I think that your spanish teacher is trying to motivate you to sing (and talk in Spanish). Perhaps watching videos or listening to short, funny stories also may help.

The lyrics are written with "permissions" to break grammar rules, and it can get you a little bit confused.

The best is to have the need to listen and talk in Spanish, practising your grammar skills and improving your vocabulary, "live", with argentinians.

Thanks for all the suggestions, think i have found my Argentine music library :)

Ratones paranoicos
Los piojos
Tan bionica
Babasónicos
Jennsa

Uruguayan
La Vela Puerca and El cuarteto de nos

Back