Looking for biking buddies

benb

Registered
Hi,
I'm looking for someone (or a few people) to do some serious bike riding. I have a mountain bike here, I used to race (mountain and road) in college, so I like to ride hard. I've been riding a lot on the bicicenda along Libertador, and at the park between Libertador and Alcorta, there are probably even better and longer rides that I'd like to discover too. It would be awesome to have another 2-3 bikes to ride in paceline and up the game a little.

Ben

Hi Ben,
I'm not a racer but used to do intermediate-paced centuries with peletons averaging 18-19mph and an occasional hour at 20+mph, but that was long ago (5 yrs) and far away with decent roads and roadbike. Here with my Xootr foldie, fatter tires, new spare tire/panza, BA roads/distractions etc., I could maybe manage 16 on your training runs, faster up in the 'burbs or the KDT track off Salguero. Would love to try but feelings wouldn't be hurt if you want to hold out for faster folk.
Jim

Dude, I left my Focus (Izalco, SRAM Red, Reynolds) at home and brought my speed blades instead. Thought my blades might be less likely to get stolen. Depending on your average speed I might be able to keep up with you, though you'd probably want to draft on somebody else. :)

I have been biking quite a bit here, though all road. The best place to get decent speed (and stay in once piece) is at the KDT track off of Salguero. I keep my bike there. Lots of pretty fast people to do 20Mph+ with. Tuesdays and Thursdays about 11-1 and Saturday mornings are the best times with the most people. (On the weekends it also has the best Choripan in BA IMHO). $3ARS entry fee.

I have also ridden a bunch from San Isidro up through Nordelta. You can put together a couple of decent 40K loops out there with modest traffic once you get to San Isidro. PM me for directions.

I will be out at the KDT pretty regularly through May. Let me know if you want to meet up sometime.

i'm no professional, but i love cycling. cycled from portland to mexico in october.

i don't have a bike here though... so unless anyone can lend me one (i realise this is wishful thinking) i'll have to put this on hold until i can afford one...

Thanks for all the replies! That KDT track sounds great, I'll check that out. I've ridden past it but didn't realize how cheap entry was. I'll go there tomorrow around 4-4:30pm, does anyone else want to go then?

EricM, that San Isidro route always sounds really good, are you planning on doing it in he near future?

jlord, when you are in the market I'd recommend New Bikes on Scalabrini & Sante Fe, I got a decent entry-level mountain bike there, they had the best prices in Palermo.

Ben

Back