Looking for cell

smurgy

Registered
Hello,

I'm looking to get a cell phone that would work in BsAs on the cheap. Please let me know if you have any thoughts. Thanks.

Just got one yesterday. Got a pay-as-you-go MovieStar phone by buying a cheap cell (Samsung for 170) from local 52 in a little gallery off of calle Santa Fe (I'm sure you can find a shop like this most places) -- then going to a kiosk to buy some minutes. I brought the scratch off minutes back to the place I bought the phone so they could help me navigate the setup menu. Very fast and easy.

kyptonite4 said:
ill take it. where/when shall i meet u?

-kip

??????? Apparently you have a date :D

Anyway you can go to this dodgy market off the Pasteur stop along the red subte line, it is closed on Sunday, but during the week you can find a lot of "second hand" (read "stolen") mobile phones, I got mine for 30 pesos and it was a cool Siemens model, which is working perfectly well. I am sure someone in the forum will be able to tell you the exact location of this market as I went there twice, but never remembered to memorize the address!

There is a less dodgy place to buy used cell phones at reasonable prices. It is between Cafe Tortoni and Tacuari on Ave de Mayo. I picked up the bottom of the line Nokia 1208 for about $20 USD.

Back