Looking For Decent Chocolate in BA

Napoleon said:
You can also go to ABUELA GOYA. They have a location on Calle Florida (near Lavalle) and one downstairs in Galeria Pacifico (Florida Y Cordoba).

It's expensive and it's still not that great, but it's from Bariloche and it's better than crapo chocolate nacional.

Well, ANY chocolate made in Bariloche is "nacional".

I would add that Hershey's is also crapo chocolate nacional (nacional from the US)...don't you agree?

Johnno said:
I will stock up on toblerone now then - and bring it with me :) lol - Thanks for all that info gang :)

Toblerone is one of the few good chocolates that are easy to get here... No use bringing that!;)

French jurist said:
In the buquebus boat, aftereight are cheap ! Last time I bought nine boxes at once (lol)

Yes, lots of items are cheap on Buquebus 2 years ago when I went to Colonia I got the chance to indulge.......the only problem is you have to take a $200 peso trip to buy them!!

agree with Compania de Chocolate recommendation. they recently opened another store on Rodriguez Pena in Recoleta, RP near Quintana. Very good but pricey....

One of the big all-encompassing touristy shops at the northern end of Florida has quite a wide range of stuff from Chocolates Del Turista (Bariloche) as well. Not cheap but definitely worth a bite.

Back