Looking For Decent Chocolate in BA

danko

Registered
Does anyone out there know where to get decent local chocolate in the BA. I was to Bariloche a few months ago and they had great stuff there...dark included. Would love to find something in the city (that's not imported).

Thanks.

Compañia de Chocolates en Palermo, Vasalissa en Recoleta, Tikal (they are expensive but delicious. Check google for adresses

The rest is quite medium quality (no good conservation, bad storage...)
I am myself a French chocolatier in my free time (however professional )and organize myself some private closed-doors chocolate parties with my own creations. Send me a PM if you want more info/be on my list. Regards,
Chris

You can also go to ABUELA GOYA. They have a location on Calle Florida (near Lavalle) and one downstairs in Galeria Pacifico (Florida Y Cordoba).

It's expensive and it's still not that great, but it's from Bariloche and it's better than crapo chocolate nacional.

Damn - I better bring a heap of toblerone and lindt with me I guess :) lol

Actually, they sell Lindt here occasionally at Jumbo or Coto. It's not always there and with the new law about imports I can't say I really understand if it will be sold any more. We'll have to wait and see how that law expresses itself in reality...

there is one place called " ELITE" ...they do top quality chocolate and that's why is so expensive!

but it's worth trying it!

there's a branch in belgrano..ciudad de la paz and ecehverria
good luck!
danko said:
Does anyone out there know where to get decent local chocolate in the BA. I was to Bariloche a few months ago and they had great stuff there...dark included. Would love to find something in the city (that's not imported).

Thanks.

Johnno said:
Damn - I better bring a heap of toblerone and lindt with me I guess :) lol
I see Toblerone and Lindt all the time in kiosks here! It shouldn't be difficult to find at all; I'm not sure about the prices though.

Volta has some nice chocolate. Although I'm not an expert, it's probably just mid level quality.

Back