Looking for gym

amyostrander

Registered
I live in Palermo Soho (Malabia y Honduras) and am looking for a gym that isn't too expensive. My experience so far is that the gyms here are more expensive than in the US. Any suggestions? Many Thanks

amyostrander said:
I live in Palermo Soho (Malabia y Honduras) and am looking for a gym that isn't too expensive. My experience so far is that the gyms here are more expensive than in the US. Any suggestions? Many Thanks

Have you looked at Always Club? I've been a member there for 7 yrs and love it! It's on Paraguay between Gurruchaga and Borges.

Hey, I'm currently living in Recoleta, but I'm moving to Palermo in 1 week. I go to Sports Club, which has several gyms around the city and you can go to any of them you want. It was the one I found most similar with NYSC that I used to go back in the US. It has some great equipment, but it isn't as crowd as Megatlon.
Here's the one in Palermo:

http://www.sportclub.com.ar/sede-palermo.php

I pay $220 pesos/month :)

I go to Sport Club in Palermo (Cabrera y Armenia) and am pretty happy with it. I don't really use the gym section so I can't comment on the equipment, but they have a bunch of good spinning, pilates and fitness classes. I'm paying 190 pesos a month, with a six month contract. You can drop in and try it out for free before you sign up.

I haven't been to the one at Palermo yet, but the spinning classes in Recoleta are awesome, specially now that they've changed all the bikes for (real) spinning bikes :)

Oh and are you sure the price is still 190 pesos? I've been told that, after october, they were charging 220 pesos/month.

Always has worked well for me. Nothing fancy but it has everything you need, especially weights - machine and free. It only gets super crowded from about 6pm-9pm. I paid 180 ARS per month for 3 months but that was about 2 months ago, so I wouldn't be surprised if it has gone north of 200 by now. If you know you'll be here for several months, it's best to lock in a rate so you don't pay a higher amount every month or so. Welcome to Argentina :O

Bjorkista - I guess it depends on when you sign up. I started in September, before they increased their prices - so I'm locked in at 190 pesos. I think friend of mine who signed up in February pays 170.
Arrrrrrgh Inflation!

Oh I guess so... I've actually been a member since June 2010, but I went on vacation for the whole summer and when I came back my membership was canceled, so I had to re-do it. I guess it must be it then!

Back