Looking for information about jobs

jovana84

Registered
Respect everyone,
on this forum I came to inquire about possibility of arriving in Buenos Aires in 2011, if I find a job and an apartment will come no later then mid February 2011,but if I don't find it now coming in June 2011th.

Means looking for a job because I plan to stay longer than 1 year..

I am 26 years old girl,from Serbia. I finished High school specialized for travel and hotel industry, I studied 2 years geography, From early 2008 to early 2010 I was on aupair program in USA.

I plan to go to Spanish classes from beginning level to university,so I can work an afternoon shift from 1pm to at night.
I looking for job that can fit in this schedule (part time) ;
-nanny live out ( I have 4 years experience with children from babies to 12 years old),
-front desk,reception or similar...

Where and how can I contact for information regarding the job? How high are hourly rates for nany and how much front desk and similar jobs?

English I talk active and fluently,Serbian is my tongue language. And I am beginner in Spanish,German and Czech language.
I am amatuer in photography and grafic design.

Thank you for all information,
Sincerely,
Jovana

It's Saturday so it must be my turn to answer this question. The short answer is: it's not as simple as that.

Welcome to baexpats, Jovana. If you scour the threads on the forum you will find al the answers to the questions you have raised here about jobs and elsewhere about accommodation but they may not be the answers you want to hear.

Argentina is full of brilliant, talented, hard-working, well-educated Argentinians who have the immediate advantage of being in situ so to speak. And they already speak fluent castellano. So you really need to be offering something very special indeed if you are planning to persuade an employer to recruit you and go through all the paperwork and hassle involved in hiring a foreigner. You ought to be aware also that these brilliant, talented, hard-working, well-educated Argentinians are often working at two full-time jobs in order to make ends meet. So if you are depending on earned income to survive, a bit of part-time work here and there isn't going to cut it.

That's the legal way. The illegal way leaves you earning even lower pay "en negro" and paying even higher rents because regular long-term rentals aren't open to you.

I'm not trying to put you off. Argentina is a fantastic country and Buenos Aires is, in my opinion, unlike any other city anywhere else - despite what they keep saying about Paris. But you need to do your homework first and formulate a plan that will work for you in the real world.

Oh. And good luck!

Dear,
thank you for your answer and explain,I slowly read the entire forum here and gather information. I have some time to come so I hope that I will suceed in it.
On my first place is to learn language,so I wiill come to on course on University.
I know its not easy but not give up. I know what general situation is and I know that as a foreigner with minimal knowledge of Spanish now is difficult to do anything but I dont ask for some great high pay job because i know is mission imposible,only for part time job to I can pay rent and courses for start.
I lived in USA (NYC and NJ),so I have experience that I would here in Argentina to be foreigner,but hope to be able to show my work and myself and with great patience and great hard working.
I know its not easy,but not giving up. I thnik I have enough time to come to get ready for all obstacles both bad or good.
I know that situation is not great but challnge is what makes me go only ahead.Never give up.
First goal is to learn language to be able to communicate and then to try something more.

P.S.
Thank you for your nice friendly post I will keep that in my mind what you write as advice.

Back