Looking for Laughing Cow cheese wedges

mmoon

The staying power of this question on the forum gives me a little joy in these crazy times so I’m doing my part to keep the post alive even though I have no idea of an answer...we all miss different things from home! Good luck in the search!!!

steveinbsas

Registered
The staying power of this question on the forum gives me a little joy in these crazy times so I’m doing my part to keep the post alive even though I have no idea of an answer...we all miss different things from home! Good luck in the search!!!
I just want to know why the cow is laughing.

Is it because as long as she keeps giving milk, she knows she won't be invited to an asado?

Last edited:

steveinbsas

Registered
I just want to know why the cow is laughing.

Is it because as long as she keeps giving milk, she knows she won't be invited to an asado?
PS: I hope that on the brink is very careful when asking (in person) if they are available in a grocery store.

Something could get lost in the translation and the person being asked might interpret the question as:

"I'm laughing at you, cow. Can you give me a wedgie?"

camel

Registered
I checked at Jumbo and the big Coto on Santa Fe & Scalabrini and I didn't see Laughing cow or Cracker Barrel. I'll try to check the place on Darwin this week.

camel

Registered
I went down the two block segment of Darwin today. Pretty shady 2 blocks... the only store is Bodega Amparo and they did not have Laughing Cow cheese (or Cracker Barrel).

I could go check the Gourmet Disco that @Bajo_cero2 mentioned but I don't know which Disco that is. I need an address.

on the brink

Registered
My thanks to Camel for checking Bodega Amparo.

Those creamy cheese wedges are great to spread on toast - lighter and tastier than butter. The locally available Adler cheese wedges are heavy and indigestible - something like anti-submarine depth charges.

Last edited:

on the brink

Registered
As for why the cow is laughing, perhaps it is because she gets suckers like me to plunk down hard-earned money for a cheese brought all the way from France.

That is one wily French cow.

Bajo_cero2

I went down the two block segment of Darwin today. Pretty shady 2 blocks... the only store is Bodega Amparo and they did not have Laughing Cow cheese (or Cracker Barrel).

I could go check the Gourmet Disco that @Bajo_cero2 mentioned but I don't know which Disco that is. I need an address.
Talcahuano and Santa Fe.