Looking for Laughing Cow cheese wedges

The staying power of this question on the forum gives me a little joy in these crazy times so I’m doing my part to keep the post alive even though I have no idea of an answer...we all miss different things from home! Good luck in the search!!!

The staying power of this question on the forum gives me a little joy in these crazy times so I’m doing my part to keep the post alive even though I have no idea of an answer...we all miss different things from home! Good luck in the search!!!

I just want to know why the cow is laughing.

Is it because as long as she keeps giving milk, she knows she won't be invited to an asado?

Last edited:
I just want to know why the cow is laughing.

Is it because as long as she keeps giving milk, she knows she won't be invited to an asado?
PS: I hope that on the brink is very careful when asking (in person) if they are available in a grocery store.

Something could get lost in the translation and the person being asked might interpret the question as:

"I'm laughing at you, cow. Can you give me a wedgie?"

I checked at Jumbo and the big Coto on Santa Fe & Scalabrini and I didn't see Laughing cow or Cracker Barrel. I'll try to check the place on Darwin this week.

I went down the two block segment of Darwin today. Pretty shady 2 blocks... the only store is Bodega Amparo and they did not have Laughing Cow cheese (or Cracker Barrel).

I could go check the Gourmet Disco that @Bajo_cero2 mentioned but I don't know which Disco that is. I need an address.

My thanks to Camel for checking Bodega Amparo.

Those creamy cheese wedges are great to spread on toast - lighter and tastier than butter. The locally available Adler cheese wedges are heavy and indigestible - something like anti-submarine depth charges.

Last edited:
As for why the cow is laughing, perhaps it is because she gets suckers like me to plunk down hard-earned money for a cheese brought all the way from France.

That is one wily French cow.

As for why the cow is laughing, perhaps it is because she gets suckers like me to plunk down hard-earned money for a cheese brought all the way from France.

That is one wily French cow.
And here I mistakenly thought the topic was about hilLIARy clinton!

What's the best substitute for laughing cow here? Maybe Paulina brand "queso crema"?

I went down the two block segment of Darwin today. Pretty shady 2 blocks... the only store is Bodega Amparo and they did not have Laughing Cow cheese (or Cracker Barrel).

I could go check the Gourmet Disco that @Bajo_cero2 mentioned but I don't know which Disco that is. I need an address.
Talcahuano and Santa Fe.

Back