Looking for new friends for an expat kid

Daniiiiii

Registered
Joined
Oct 1, 2026
Messages
1
Likes
0
Hi! I’m looking for some fun activities for a 13-year-old so he can meet other English-speaking kids, make some friends, and socialize a bit, since he’s homeschooled. Around Belgrano, Palermo, etc
 
Howdy Dani,

I was homeschool too at 13 years old. It was pretty disastrous socially and my parents enrolled me in Boy Scouts at the time to try to make up for my loss of friends. It was somewhat helpful but, being a male dominated group, the whole arrangement really stunted my interactions with females for quite a number of years.

Personally, I would recommend you reach out to local English institutes who have teens at an upper intermediate level. Most teens at international schools are also fairly advanced in English I've been told. Granted, most of these kids likely already have circles of friends that are predominantly Argentine and speak Spanish but it could be a cool way for your son to integrate into a group that understands him and could allow him to immerse himself in Spanish at gentle pace.
 
Back
Top