Looking for NGO, Communications, or Multinational Job

Thuraya

Registered
Hello all,

I will be graduating from a U.S. university in December, and moving to Buenos Aires in January/February for at least two years.

I have degree in International Relations and a good deal of communications, writing, and nonprofit experience. I'm looking for a job in those areas, as well as with a multinational company, but I'm very flexible and open to trying new things.

I speak Spanish fluently, and can communicate well in French, German and Arabic. I lived in BA for a year previously, so I'm relatively familiar with the city and culture.

If anyone has any leads or suggestions, I would love to hear them.

Thanks!

Try idealistas.org - that's where opportunities in that field are published. Be aware, though, that most jobs in that sector will be voluntary or fairly poorly paid and there is A LOT of competition. If you work for an established organisation or INGO, your Spanish will need to be excellent.

Thanks Ashley! I am already a huge fan of idealistas - I check it every day!

I say good luck... I came here looking for the same kind of work in July and am still looking. It's very very difficult to find volunteer work, much less paid NGO positions, especially if you don't know someone aleady and have an "in". I'm working with an NGO right now on a volunteer basis but am still looking for paid NGO work. I've had to expand my horizons to other fields as well until I find something more realted to my degree and my interests. Just be prepared for a long search if you are really set on living in Buenos Aires and working in these areas...

Yeah...I mean it's a very competitive field, even in the U.S., much less BA. So I guess I'm aware of the challenges, and that's why I'm open to doing many different things (like working for a multinational, which would never be my dream if I was staying in the U.S.) while I network and try to get my foot in the door and undertake that long search. I just wanted to put my job search out here, to see if anyone has any contacts or leads.

Btw, I really like your description - that you fell in love with buenos aires and then fell in love in buenos aires. That's kind of my story too.

Sorry, I think I might have come off a little bitter... But I'm just trying to make sure that you know what you're getting into because I definitely wasn't prepared for what I've found... i.e. People in charge of activism at an intl NGO telling me to my face they would love to have me as an intern and then never returning any of my calls later on... That would never happen in the US and as much as I know this is Argentina, blah, blah, I was expecting something better from the NGO world...

But anyways, if you ever want to chat or get together once you're here, send me a PM. We can push our way into Argentine NGOs together... :)

Hi Thuraya and lejohnson,

I'm in the same position as you both--graduating in December, moving to BA en January, looking for NGO/education/communications work. (Except I fell in love with someone from BA before I fell for BA). It would be great to keep in touch and share our experiences as we go. Hey, maybe if we mass up enough like minded people we could try to initiate a project and apply for grants on our own.

Hi jenndean! It would be great to be in touch. I will send you a pm. And lejohnson, I sent you one too. We should all get coffee in Jan.

hi ladies! i'm also in a similar position, although I have been here for a while and am currently working in another sector all together. would love to grab coffee to to discuss it when you arrive! send me a PM since i rarely sign in! thanks!

Hi Ladies!

Add me in!

I'm a social worker and also looking for a position in an NGO and/or work in some awesome social project.

I'm currently living in Buenos Aires so if anyone would like to meet up please feel free to pm me as well.

Back