Looking for Rosh Hashanah/Yom Kippur services

jaredg

Registered
My Orthodox/Conservative brother is coming to visit me in Buenos Aires around the time of the Jewish high holidays, and I'm wondering where we might go for services. I'm in Palermo and haven't been to a synagogue here. I realize we need to make arrangements ahead of time, but does anyone have any suggestions of someplace that would be welcoming for us?

Amijai was designed by a famous architect and it is quite an interesting place with an impressive courtyard and a fine auditorium that is also the venue of many top quality concerts.

You may have to reserve seats, but you probably won't have to pay for them. That's very EEUU.

Thanks for these suggestions. Actually, one synagogue that I emailed (not one of the ones mentioned above) said it would charge me between $156-650US for tickets. Sheesh.

If I were you I'd find out the time that the service starts and just GO. Don't mention anything about the price of seats. Of course, they won't ask for money at the door, because you won't be carrying money to a temple. (Don't go to a Reform temple). I'd surprised if they turned you away.

Back