Looking for some paintings

skap

Registered
Hi all,

I've been living in BA a while and have a long term apartment rental in the city and was looking to get some art to put up on my bare walls. I'm no art aficionado but I enjoy it, and I'm looking for a painting or 2 that would look nice in a modern apartment. I'd be willing to spend up to 1000 pesos(maybe a little more if it was something I really liked), so with that said, where is my best bet to look?

I've got about 100 paintings for sale (cheap), serigraphs (Carmelo Arden Quin, Juan Mele, Abstract/geometric), lithographs (about 30 lithos by Antonio Segui,)... Many printed works by french artists as well.

I've got too the Marilyns (after) Andy Warhol (the Sunday B Morning edition).

What are your tastes ?

Hey Lee,
does your bf have a website? can you recommend galleries to check out art? is there a time to go?
thanks
-Ricky

We'd love to have any of you over to our apartment/gallery in Congreso to check out art and catch a unique view of the city from 25 stories up. You can see my work online at http://www.jimmydanko.com/

If you're interested just give me a shout at [email protected] and we can figure out a time to make it happen.

Hello,
old thread but I am also looking for paintings for a new large apartment. I have a generous budget for the right pieces.
I am not an art aficionado, but know what I like when I see it. I guess I am looking for relatively modern and abstract, but am open to anything. I like texture.
My apt is loft style with wood, chrome, and earth colours.
so I am looking for some very large pieces with colour to punch it up. separately, I am also looking for a painting with a subtle nude female form.

so if you are an artist, a collector or someone who can recommend some good places / galleries to buy art in the recoletta/ palermo areas, I would be much obliged.

thanks
nick
ps. website showing your pieces would be much appreciated too.

We also have a loft apt. We bought some of our favorite pieces from Julian Pino @ Bronco. He has moved his gallery, and we have not been to the new space yet. artebronco.com.ar
Nancy

Back