Looking For Tennis Camp / Swim Club

GS_Dirtboy

Registered
My 14-year old daughter has discovered boys. In lieu of sending her to a monastery I thought I'd try tennis camp (only half kidding). Am looking for a tennis camp for her as well as my 9-year old son. It would be great if there was a pool as well for the family on the weekends.

I checked out Club de Amigos but there is no tennis camp in the summer for her (only Colonia for the little guy). Would need to find a tennis program for my daughter if we go there.

GEBA Jorge Newbery looks promising. Will go this afternoon on my way home.

Any other suggestions? We live in Belgrano near Cabildo and Jose Hernandez. Also, do you know of public tennis courts in the area?

Many thanks in advance.

GS

My wife went to GEBA throughout her youth. We stopped by last year to check it out and she noted that it looked rather run down compared to the past. Still seems like a great club though.

The Raquet Club in the Bosques de Palermo is supposed to be great.
Also, my son has done the tennis program at Club de Amigos every summer. You need to talk to the Cabaña de Tenis specifically. Might be worth another try.

The Raquet Club in the Bosques de Palermo is supposed to be great.
Also, my son has done the tennis program at Club de Amigos every summer. You need to talk to the Cabaña de Tenis specifically. Might be worth another try.

How old is/was your son? They have summer camp that includes tennis but it is only for kids through the 3rd grade.

He is almost 11.
They have other types of camp/classes. I think they call them "deportivo" that are half day. They focus on one sport and then they swim for about 40 minutes. He's done basketball and tennis in the summers. He did both of those last summer when he was 9 going on 10 and going into 5th grade.
Again, check with the cabaña de tenis at Amigos as they run all the summer programs for tennis and not the main desk. I can only tell you what we've done in the past--they may have changed their programs this year... Also, Amigos is very good, but sometimes you get totally different answers depending on who you talk to.

http://www.racketclub.com/

This is the other tennis club I mentioned. My kids haven't gone there as we were already members at Amigos, but friends rave about it. Worth a look. I think they just recently renovated too.

Using Google Earth I also found Club Harrods Gath y Chaves next to the Racket Club. I'll check them both out tomorrow. Thanks!

Back