Looking for two French Girls-- Rental Advice

ooooooo Blackhand I guess you put ME in my place !!!!

Fabe said:
that may be true for a new rental tax , but im so sure the fella has to report that income , wheter he gets it from rentals or if he gets it from his job as an organ grinder monkey
LOL --- I always wanted to be an organ grinder with a monkey!

Just wanted to submit a quick reply to the forum to let everybody know that at the end of the day the owners (while sticklers about a couple of details that we just didn't have the heart to fight about) returned our deposit to us in full and were generally cool about the whole "check out" process. We didn't want to post and get everybody in a debate about the quality of Argentines! These owners were good, as I'm sure many are, just as there are many who aren't. It's just important for everybody out there who is renting to cover your ass and get the important information! Too easy to let things slide and then end up getting burned in the end. For us, thankfully we were able to leave on a positive note.

Thanks for the sweet comment, French Jurist (and I never did get those tomatoes from you;)). Leaving BsAs after many years was bittersweet! Thanks to many on the forum for their support and advice on so many different topics, this was a very useful place to be able to come and look for information (as well as vent). I have to say, Santiago feels lonely in many ways in comparison to BsAs (spread out, generally less "happening" at any time anywhere), but it's so clean and efficient and green. So far it's a breath of fresh air. We're feeling nostalgic for the great things BsAs has to offer, and the weight being lifted from our chests from all that oppressed us about being there. You all take care.

Best of luck to you on your new adventures and glad everything worked out with the deposit:):)

Ah! Happy that you could make the move smoothly. I'm sorry I couldn't pick up faye, I hope she went to a good home.
Let us know after some time how you find life in Chile, I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering that.
Good luck!

Back