Looking for...wait for it....

A&A

Registered
I'm looking for Oatmeal. The plain oats like with the Quaker guy on the round container. It does not have to be Quaker, just plain so I can make my own granola (I know hippie).

I have made a cursory scan of the supermarkets but no luck...and did not look too hard.

Thanks.

All supermarkets have oatmeal in the cereal / breakfast section. Known brands are Quaker, Tres Arroyos and Granix. You can also buy it lose at any dietetica store.

Nikad is right- they have regular Quaker oats (Avena tradicional) in most supermarkets, it just comes in a box, not a cylinder. I've made granola with it and it comes out just fine!

Good on you. We hope you find it. But try looking before you post to the forum... as far as the challenges facing an expat living in Buenos Aires go, I suspect that you are going to be able to overcome this one.

You can buy Quaker at supermarkets and at the chino`s , or at any healthstore
I also prepare my own muesli recipe with oat
ciao
Reina

If you want real oats not the instant crap you need to get avena gruesa. You can find it sometimes in Jumbo, but for proper oats I buy mine either at Hausbrot, Natural Deli, or for the better price, go to Barrio Chino and you can get them for cheaper. Unfortunately no steel cut oats in sight here yet.

Reactions: A&A
If you want real oats not the instant crap you need to get avena gruesa.

Yes, I am looking for the non-instant, so thanks for the tip. Just the plain old Quaker, takes like 15 minutes. I have seen the various instant, and Quaker cereal incarnations in the 2 Discos I have been in, but not what I was looking for. Thanks to all of you with your tips, I will get on it. Super easy granola recipe for anyone interested PM me.

As for this:
But try looking before you post to the forum... as far as the challenges facing an expat living in Buenos Aires go, I suspect that you are going to be able to overcome this one.

Seriously? I thought this was the Internet? This is exactly what the internet is for so I don't have to waste time running all over the place. World 2.0. Whether I was in BA, NYC, or Nebraska. Knowledge is power so why not have 500+ people working on the problem then me stumbling up and down Juncal in the wrong direction. So inefficient.

Hello
Quaker has the instant oat and a regular one, the instant one is not bad, I have kids and the doctor recommended the instant one to add to the orange juice for the kids, one of them has cholesterol, so is not bad at all.
ciao
Reina

Reactions: A&A
Quaker has the instant oat and a regular one, the instant one is not bad,

Oh, no, I didn't not mean the instant is bad, but I am using more for a recipe than to eat as oatmeal, so that is why I did not want the instant. Plus the recipe is timed for regular oats, so did not want to deviate (I am not that good a cook, and less so at baking.)

Back