Looking for...wait for it....

It can be a bit hit and miss finding oats, or anything not eaten by everyone here.. Coto at abasto has plain oats, but the coto closer to me doesnt, same with carrefour, one i go to often doesnt have, but another does - why i dont know.. So you just have to keep an eye out for them..

I understand that is for a recipe, at any healthstore you can find "avena arrollada" in bulks
Reina

You can get Avena in most stores, but usually only in 500g bags. Not much use to a big porridge eater.
I have asked before, but does anyone know where I can buy larger quantities?

Hi
At healthstores you can buy as much as you need they sell per kg.
Reina

yes Quaker avena tradicional in a 400 g box is the way to go as said by others....

BUT on a side note.. has anyone noticed the bad brown sugar... some of it doesnt even sweeten or add taste....... brown sugar with very little taste.... strange?

argsteve said:
...BUT on a side note.. has anyone noticed the bad brown sugar... some of it doesnt even sweeten or add taste....... brown sugar with very little taste.... strange?

Yes. I have been buying brown sugar from a wholefood shop without any problem until now but my last purchase definitely wasn't right. A little kitchen-table analysis makes me believe that it is formed from white sugar crystals which have been bathed in a colouring/flavouring that might even be molasses (the initial taste seems 'right' but fades faster than the sugar dissolves (and if you bathe the crystals in water you can see the brown wash off and whiteness appear)) but might not.

I can't really take this bag of sugar back because for one thing, I only asked for azucar moreno and for another, it was measured out of a bulk container and doesn't actually have any label making a claim to be anything in particular. But if somebody could draft a table of different sugars in the same way that Nikad drafted that superb table of cuts of meat, I think I'd like to ask a few questions of the shopkeeper before I buy any more.

Back