Looking to buy clothes dryer

2estrellas

Registered
Is anyone selling a clothes dryer? I'm looking for a heated one (por ventilacion or por condensacion), not the Kohinoor spinning centrifuge type that looks like a garbage can. I can give you a good price, so tell you friends and PM me if you know anything.

2estrellas said:
Is anyone selling a clothes dryer? I'm looking for a heated one (por ventilacion or por condensacion), not the Kohinoor spinning centrifuge type that looks like a garbage can. I can give you a good price, so tell you friends and PM me if you know anything.

How about a washer/dryer combo (all in one unit). Ariston.

I woud be interested in the combo unit. Please PM me with details. Tim

In 2006 I bought a new Ariston combo unit without a ventilador (fan/blower).

It should have been called a clothes fryer. I hated it.

I bought a separate Ariston forced air dryer and I was much happier with the results when drying clothes in an apartment in the city.

I don't use it much now as I can now dry my clothes in the wind blowing across my 2.5 acre property.

I bought the dryer used on mercadolibre from a vendor of used washers and dryers.

I suggest you look there.

(Used dryers have a lot less that can go wrong than used washers.)

I was in search as well, but instead of trying my luck with different brands or buying used we are thinking of installing a drying closet. :) Someone on the forum here suggested it and it seems promising. Hanging my clothes up to dry by the heater has so far worked better than the sorry excuse for a dryer we have now, so the closet would only be a step up.

You do lose the fluffiness and lint/pet hair removing abilities of a good dryer, but oh well. :rolleyes: Industria Argentina needs to catch up!

If by any chance you do find a dryer you're happy with, let us know. ;)

Thanks but no thanks on the combo unit. I haven't heard anything good about those, and I also already have a washing machine. Mercadolibre would be my go to for this one, but there isn't anything except a couple of broken ones, since none are getting imported (therefore people can't buy a new one and sell their old one). I also tried vivavisos, deremate, etc. etc. and about every independent appliance shop in the country, but no dice. Oh well, maybe it will just be easier (and probably cheaper) to hire some to hang and iron my laundry for me :D

Sorry, but you are wrong. If you know how to use a clothes dryer it doesn't do anything to your clothes. Also, it takes a long time to hang all the clothes, and if it's raining they don't dry. Not to mention the hassle of dealing with sheets and other big things. I know, I know, I'm a spoiled gringa, but you don't have to laugh at me. I work a lot and I'm married (2x clothes) so it actually does make a difference to me to be able to dry my laundry so it's done more quickly. I just want to buy a clothes dryer, I'm not asking to be able to buy dollars or for there to stop being piquetes. Plus, don't you know that complaining constantly is the local way of life? :p

There is a store in Olivos that sells US clothes dryers that have been converted to run on AR 220 single phase. There are ZERO local clothes dryers that are worth bothering with. I've tried them all and given them away [pure junk] Also check with the US Embassy, they have an annual sale of such things as various diplomats cycle in and out of AR.

Great! Do you know what the store is called, or where it is (more specifically than Olivos)? Thanks!

Back