Looks like we're not getting another stimulus payment

I appreciate your perspective and realize that our opinions are based off of many factors like upbringing, life experiences, education, and so on.

I'm sure Pelosi is an impressive women who is competent. I just don't agree with her political priorities. She is a corporatist and corrupt.

Same goes for Nikki Haley. She is a woman of color who became governor of South Carolina, an old white boys club, at the age of 38. Very impressive, however, I don't agree with her politics. I assume you think the work that she does goes unappreciated too?
this is an honest opinion- you are, of course, welcome to disagree with anyone, politically.
what I find objectionable is sexist slurs which come from people who are doing so without much actual research (not from you)

Anyone who thinks the speaker of the house can just snap their fingers and do things, should read more. I suggest, as a good start on how US politics actually work, the current 4 volumes of the Years of Lyndon Johnson, by Robert Caro. It is an incredible education on the House, Senate, and Presidency, much of which is still applicable, some of which is obsolete. Johnson was a horrible person, but an incredibly effective politiican, who, although he did get richer, actually skimmed relatively little from politics compared to today's model. And he got a lot done. Trump effectively got ONE bill passed- his tax cut, which is the second least popular piece of legislation in the last 25 years. The least popular is his failed attempt to abolish Obamacare.

I think my opinions are because my mother was a politician, a feminist, and not too dissimiar to Pelosi- I have seen the process from the inside, and grew up around actual (state level) politicians. So my opinions on the sausage making are based on knowing a lot of people who actually did it for decades. What Pelosi has "done" is manage the house- a daily job that is enormously complicated, full of compromises, and much like the work that women do around the world, unappreciated. Its hard, slow, and doesnt have action movie endings.

The Democrats have lost seats in the House in more than one election cycle on her watch, most recently last month. Her endorsement has also become toxic. Look at what it did for Joe Kennedy III who she pushed to run (and lose) in the Senate againt another Democrat for no reason at all other than she had a personal grudge againt Ed Markey. This may have ended the political carreer of one of the most promising young Democrats in a long time, (and a man I've met on a few occasions when I worked near his home in the Brighton neighborhood of Boston). Thanks to her Joe became the first Kennedy to ever lose a race in Massachusetts.

more trumpian propaganda.
Just like mitch Mcconnell, she married up.
Her husband has been a weathy real estate investor for decades, and his money is easily traceable.
Both she and Mitch would be worth much much less if they hadnt married millionaires.
But hey- at least her husband earned it. Turnip inherited a half billion, and Mitch's wife is from a very wealthy mainland Chinese family of billionaire shipping company owners.

Pelosi is crooked as hell. Doesn't have a damn thing to do with Trump; I would have said the same thing ten years ago.

I suggest, as a good start on how US politics actually work, the current 4 volumes of the Years of Lyndon Johnson, by Robert Caro. It is an incredible education on the House, Senate, and Presidency, much of which is still applicable, some of which is obsolete.
Last summer i read Caro’s Power Broker. Which then lead me to buy the first two volumes of LBJ. If it is only half as good .... i havent found the time yet, but i am very much looking forward to read it. An incredible author it seems.

Last summer i read Caro’s Power Broker. Which then lead me to buy the first two volumes of LBJ. If it is only half as good .... i havent found the time yet, but i am very much looking forward to read it. An incredible author it seems.

Great book, especially for anyone who has ever lived in NYC

God bless personally and for their leadership Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer and Joe Biden.
Seemingly the only people at their level of government leadership with any sense, dignity, courage and capability of real leadership.
And to the devil with the Republicans and all sycophants of the monsterous malignant Loser of all time in America.
Those who have now collectively traded in their iconic elephant for the image of a large, predatory, spineless skunk at that.
The complicated design to capture the despicable, shapeshifting iconic character is still being designed.

Seems like Trump signed the bill and will go to the Senate with a motion for a $2000 stimulus check ?. McConnell indicated no changes will be introduced?

Habemus $2000 Check ?

Trump could have tried a little harder and issued an exectuive order perhaps, but I do agree that most of the blame goes to Pelosi who simply didn't want to give him any wins before the election. She wouldn't even let it come up for a vote. There's a reason she has the secord worst approval rating in the entire US government.

I remember her having a meltdown on CNN when simply asked about passing another bill a month ago.

WTF are you talking about, the House of Representatives passed their
What has she got done? Can't seem to get a stimulus bill passed.
She got is passed in the House of Representatives where she works, she is not a Senator or President so can not pass anything there.

WTF are you talking about, the House of Representatives passed their

She got is passed in the House of Representatives where she works, she is not a Senator or President so can not pass anything there.

The House of Representatives passed their what? Your sentence is missing an object as well as punctuation.

And WTF are you talking about? Try looking at the date of the posts you are replying to next time, Nostradamus.

Excerpt from the NY Times....28 December 2020
A Look at What’s in the Stimulus Package Trump Signed....
WASHINGTON — The $900 billion stimulus bill that President Trump finally signed into law on Sunday evening goes well beyond providing the $600 checks that became a huge sticking point in getting the legislation across the finish line....
....Individual Payments
Among the most anticipated components of the legislation is the direct payment, with $600 going to individual adults with an adjusted gross income of up to $75,000 a year based on 2019 earnings. Heads of households who earn up to $112,500 and a couple (or someone whose spouse died in 2020) who make up to $150,000 a year would get twice that amount. Eligible families with dependent children would receive an additional $600 per child.
In a change from the last round, payments will not be denied to citizens married to someone without a social security number, allowing some spouses of undocumented immigrants to claim the benefit this time around.....

Back