Macri On Cnn With Video

EJLarson
I'll second that." He will enforce prohibition ,with swift deadly force if necessary".
This decree was clearly overreach and meant for "shock and awe".It will most likely be annuled before it is ever used.
Once again,Camberiu, is using his own "shock and awe" which quite frankly given his constant use of one´-upsmanship is getting a little trying
In Argentina there is a saying in Spanish."De lo dicho a lo hecho,hay un largo trecho-From something said to something done there is a long road"
Just post any info you have on drug use being treated as a social problem and I'll do the same.Enough already!

Yes, shutting down drugs flights, which is the summary execution of the crew and passengers, seems in line with somehow ending prohibition.......

To be honest I do not have a problem with this we are are talking about organizations that practice the type of violence we see in the cartels. Why wait just terminate them. You see that is real problem with the drug war and the other wars the Americans are currently engaged in, they turn into a game. It is not war they just call it that. War is terminate the enemy get it over with and be done with it, kill them all. But that approach is no longer practiced as we are now under the Military Industrial Complex which has many tentacles and profits from long term control or oppression/control engagements which it turns into industries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jib1B2cyWpE

I believe it is already treated as a public/health/social issue in New York City where my sister and brother -in- law work in Social Services.
I am going to make it a point to ask them in the next few days.when I phone them.
Since you live in the U.S.,Camberiu,it shouldn't be difficult for you to do the same.
Please let us know what you are able to find out. I'll do likewise.
I am not "appalled and dismayed in the slightest that Macri wants to go after narco crime.As is not one Argentine I have talked to today about it..

Is this a joke? The US has the largest prison population on Earth. The vast majority of those incarcerated are there because of drug related charges. That's not treating drugs as a social issue, but as a criminal issue. Be sure to ask your sister and brother-in-law how many people in Riker's Island are there on drug charges.

EJLarson
I'll second that." He will enforce prohibition ,with swift deadly force if necessary".
This decree was clearly overreach and meant for "shock and awe".It will most likely be annuled before it is ever used.
Once again,Camberiu, is using his own "shock and awe" which quite frankly given his constant use of one´-upsmanship is getting a little trying
In Argentina there is a saying in Spanish."De lo dicho a lo hecho,hay un largo trecho-From something said to something done there is a long road"
Just post any info you have on drug use being treated as a social problem and I'll do the same.Enough already!

I agree. Camberiu is just being negative. I mean look how successful Mexico has been in its efforts to clamp down on drug trafficking and distribution. With such success, who wouldn't want to continue down that path. I'm sure Argentina's effort will be just as successful.

As is usual in this place, the main thrust of the topic has been hijacked by another, which is currently being beaten to death.
I'm sure the actual interview with Richard Quest was a tad longer and it's clear that the president wishes to propel Argentina onto the world stage as a player and not some whinging, whining primadonna as before and the fact that he´s done so in English is difficult to ignore.
The drug war, zero poverty and the restoration of confidence are all different sides of the policy he brings to the table and I thought he was eloquent, humorous and self effacing.
In short, he inspires confidence and not just on one single front.

As is usual in this place, the main thrust of the topic has been hijacked by another, which is currently being beaten to death.
I'm sure the actual interview with Richard Quest was a tad longer and it's clear that the president wishes to propel Argentina onto the world stage as a player and not some whinging, whining primadonna as before and the fact that he´s done so in English is difficult to ignore.
The drug war, zero poverty and the restoration of confidence are all different sides of the policy he brings to the table and I thought he was eloquent, humorous and self effacing.
In short, he inspires confidence and not just on one single front.

You may not see the effects of failed drug war in San Isidro, but it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Argentina needs to become more like Chile and Uruguay. NOT, like México, Colomobia, or most of Central America.

I agree Macri inspires confidence on some fronts, but seeing politicians through rose-colored glasses is a bit naive.

sleslie23 :
Without doubt it is not nearly being treated sufficiently as a social issue but as a criminal one.Of course,this must change.
I know about Rikers's Island and will try to find out how many have been saved from going there by NYC Social Services and post the results.
I never said that Camberiu was "just being negative".I said that he was using "shock and awe" alarm techniques and I do not retract that.
We will not get very far in solving this problem anywhere in the world with this type of tactics either socially or any other way.

I agree Macri inspires confidence on some fronts, but seeing politicians through rose-colored glasses is a bit naive.

He might be better than Cristina (any semi-retarded ape is), but he is still a typical South American politician. I think there is a lot of wishful thinking and self delusion toward Macri. I can understand the need people have to see Macri as this super statesman, since people lived 12+ miserable years under the Ks. But understanding is not the same as agreeing. There are lots of warning signs coming from Macri that people are choosing to ignore because they want to believe that now Argentina has a true leader. Sorry folks, but history seems to show us otherwise.

Camberiu:
A lot of hope yes.A" lot of wishful thinking"? I don't think so. A lot of agreeing,yes.As well as a lot of understanding.
What "warning signs are people ignoring" ?
For someone who lives thousands of miles away and is not in daily day to day contact with the local situation you seem to be able to come to a lot of very opinionated conclusions.
How are you able to do that with so much apparent authority?

Perhaps overdosing is the better metaphor?

He might be better than Cristina (any semi-retarded ape is), but he is still a typical South American politician. I think there is a lot of wishful thinking and self delusion toward Macri. I can understand the need people have to see Macri as this super statesman, since people lived 12+ miserable years under the Ks. But understanding is not the same as agreeing. There are lots of warning signs coming from Macri that people are choosing to ignore because they want to believe that now Argentina has a true leader. Sorry folks, but history seems to show us otherwise.

Curious - what specifically do you mean by "typical SA politician"?

Beyond the fact that you disagree with him regarding the feasibility of fighting the drug trade - which is fine, but surely shouldn't impugn his credibility? - are your premonitions regarding Macri triggered by him, informed by your knowledge of SA history, or both?

Back