Magdalena´s Party restaurant

I have lived in Buenos Aires for 5 years, and have been to restaurants in Palermo Hollywood, SOHO, Viejo and all of those trendy areas a total of 5 times, including the "visit" to Magdalena's this past Saturday evening. When we go out to eat, we usually go to "Los Sabios" a wonderful vegetarian based restaurant on Av. Corrientes, with a beverage and all you can eat vegetarian meal averages about $50 pesos per person, including deserts. The service at Los Sabios is not either good or bad. They are quick, efficient, the food is fresh, well priced, and you can stay as long as you like or be done in a few minutes, it's your decision. The other times I have gone out to restaurants, 9 times out of 10 I have generally been disappointed. The one other exception being the parillas on Alvarez Thomas such as "Lo de Charly, Totín, and Thomas Heredia" again no frills, efficient, well priced and hearty food. That is more my style than some stuffy fake "ambience" that some restaurants in this city TRY to create but fail miserably since the food is usually mediocre and the service and attitude, well I don't have to repeat that again, but I will - it USUALLY SUCKS A BIG CUCUMBER!

Tipping is optional in the UK . Some places add a service charge , others don't.

I'm one of the owners of Magdalena's Party and wanted to respond to this thread.

Truly sorry about your experience David. It seems you received an old menu somehow (we're looking into that) and very sorry for the negative experience. Our 3 x 30 tacos are on Tuesday only and we did recently implement a small price increase on our food menu - burgers included. I'd love to invite you to eat again for free on the house if you're interested.

I would like to mention to everyone in the thread that we are a bar first and a restaurant second. We're well known in BsAs for our food and receive high ratings as a result, however we try to make sure everyone understands that we operate with a small wait staff and a small kitchen. The food is priced accordingly. I'm not aware of many places in Palermo where you can get a homemade burger with fresh ground export-quality beef and a beer for under 45 pesos. We like to focus on providing great food and being a bar, and unfortunately that leaves a few behind when it comes to offering a great all around dining experience.

I'm available if anyone has any comments or questions directly at [email protected]

Cheers,

John
www.magdalenasparty.com

To Madgalenas Party .
Cheesy response man ! , You seem to be aclamaiting well to the way things are run here .
You are looking into that ? How about " We ALREADY took measures for that to never happen again ?
Dont you realize that most of us are already tired of havng o wai or everything to get done ?
C'mon . You can do beter than that.
Im sure the guy isn looking for a free meal , I think he would be happier if you did the right thing and took responsability.
Dont overlook things just because you can do that here , its really not he way to go .
Credit to you for at least making yourself known here and addressing the issue.

John, I have never been to your bar/restaurant. I applaud your making a public apology to David and your attitude in general. You seem like a sincere fellow who would do well to look into the validity and frequency of the service problems some have identified.
When I get back into town I'll be sure to drop by for a burger.

To Fabe:

You must have a special talent to completely miss the point - that was a totally valid, acceptable and even better response than you would receive in a similar situation at MANY places in Canada or the US.

Nothing at all wrong with that approach or response. It may not be your vision of perfection but only Burger King thinks that your way is the right way.

Fabe said:
To Madgalenas Party .
Cheesy response man ! , You seem to be aclamaiting well to the way things are run here .
You are looking into that ? How about " We ALREADY took measures for that to never happen again ?
Dont you realize that most of us are already tired of havng o wai or everything to get done ?
C'mon . You can do beter than that.
Im sure the guy isn looking for a free meal , I think he would be happier if you did the right thing and took responsability.
Dont overlook things just because you can do that here , its really not he way to go .
Credit to you for at least making yourself known here and addressing the issue.

To Zissou,
Perhaps you are right , maybe my tripwire IS a bit taught from hearing more than 5 years of excuses from everyone that chooses to not do things right.
Im more of a McDonalds person .
Whenever i get an email , or a verbal response from someone that screwed the pooch , I usually do the following:
I count the number of excuses or explanations , and I divide by the ammount of corrective actions I count in that response.
The result is the the BS/Genuine quotient.
Whenever I missed something in QC , whenever i failed at my task , whenever I failed at satisfiing my customer when I would do home improvement work , All the excuses did nothing for the customer.
When we fail at service , we fail the customer.
Excuses can never take the place of corective action .
Your mileage may vary

Fabe scares me a little.

the owner came and apologized. what do you want? a waitress fired? mistakes happen, fabe. take a chill pill

It might sound a bit harsh from Fabe.. but have to agree. It seems the menu mix up has happened often before...so fix it already.! Go through all the menus..and throw out the ones with the wrong prices! The owner wrote that they are a bar 1st.. and offer some food to..but a bar 1st. If you can't get the food out to your customers in less than an hour...and the few waitresses you have are rude...well... maybe you shouldn't serve food.. or you need to reprimand your staff? Does seem like you gave many excuses, 1 apology and no solutions. Which in my opinion negates the sincerity of the apology...
I guess there is a "free burger" for you... but you might have to drink 4 or 5 beers (and pay for them).. whilst waiting an hour to get that "free burger" :p

Back