Maintaining a bank account in the US without a US residential address

Unless you have a sentimental attachment to using old landline phones, Vonage doesn't offer any advantages over alternatives like Google Voice or Skype.
Yes, exactly. Vonage gives the old sentimental feel of landline old phones. ATA boxes can do the same, but the part configuring Sip or VOiP complicate things for people who do not want or care about the details.

I also agree with all the other ways mentioned today.

To clarify, I have no issues. I only tried to advise because someone asked. I have not used Vonage in 5 years and even then it was for redundancy. Google Voice is the best one for me to have quick or all day calls, and almost always for the banks verification. My last option is an AWS Connect sip which is where my Vonage was ported.

Last edited:
Unless you have a sentimental attachment to using old landline phones, Vonage doesn't offer any advantages over alternatives like Google Voice or Skype.

Carride used it for call verification via the landline. I believe that he would achieve the same result with a Google Voice number if he requested a call, rather than an SMS, for verification.
I subscribe to Skype for many years and have a worldwide plan and a 2nd. US phone line.
Question how do you receive an SMS verification codes from the Bank..? Requesting a Call instead of an SMS may not be possible

Greetings, everyone. I'm planning to move to ARG permanently, but I'd like to keep my checking account with US Bank. However, since I won't have a residential address in the US anymore, US Bank might not keep my account open. I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to get around this issue, as using the address of a friend or family member won't work for me.
I use Chase and they had no issues at all with me being here. Only problem I had was I got a new debit card and they would not send me the pin. They said they had to mail it and I told them that if they use the mail I will never get it here. I have had things I have waited for up to two years to get and never received. So that leaves it to Fedex or DHL. So the workaround was to get it sent to my parents back in the USA.

I use Chase and they had no issues at all with me being here. Only problem I had was I got a new debit card and they would not send me the pin. They said they had to mail it and I told them that if they use the mail I will never get it here. I have had things I have waited for up to two years to get and never received. So that leaves it to Fedex or DHL. So the workaround was to get it sent to my parents back in the USA.
I have had debit cards sent here from the states using both DHL and Fedex. No problems. Don't know about Chase but American Express covered the cost.

I have had debit cards sent here from the states using both DHL and Fedex. No problems. Don't know about Chase but American Express covered the cost.
More on the subject

I phoned BofA to request a new Debit Card to be sent to Argentina. The Agent asked for my US drivers License number to proceed, I didn't have it handy.....! (it has been a long time). Request denied.

More on the subject

I phoned BofA to request a new Debit Card to be sent to Argentina. The Agent asked for my US drivers License number to proceed, I didn't have it handy.....! (it has been a long time). Request denied.
This is simply despicable :) Get it handy and call again?

My debit cards were sent by DHL, my bank deducted the costs from my account. No problem receiving them. PINs set up online.

Back