Maintaining a bank account in the US without a US residential address

Answer....Join 'I am desperate for a friend anonymous'.....and don't consider dropping the U.S. bank account for even a second.

The article in the link provided above (Top 9 Checking Accounts...) states "For many of these banks, you will need to maintain a valid U.S. mailing address and phone number while living overseas".

Believe it. I've used Schwab for many years without a problem. But when I mentioned in passing to a rep last year that I might relocate permanently to Argentina, they immediately stated they'd have to close my account if I did. I use my brother's U.S. address and don't know what I'd do without it.

I too would appreciate learning about any known ways around this issue.

The article in the link provided above (Top 9 Checking Accounts...) states "For many of these banks, you will need to maintain a valid U.S. mailing address and phone number while living overseas".

I too would appreciate learning about any known ways around this issue.
Yes, unfortunately they don't say which ones don't need a U.S. address.

I left with my US bank a residential address in Argentina and a different mailing address in the US. For the purpose of providing a mailing address, I use the OCASA box of a friend of mine in the United States but I never include the word "box" in the mailing address, just in case. I get all the forms and statements online and if I need to receive a credit or debit card, sometimes it takes too long or they get lost so I call the bank and ask them to send it to me to Argentina via UPS or via Courier with a tracking number, that way I receive it safely.

I left with my US bank a residential address in Argentina and a different mailing address in the US. For the purpose of providing a mailing address, I use the OCASA box of a friend of mine in the United States but I never include the word "box" in the mailing address, just in case. I get all the forms and statements online and if I need to receive a credit or debit card, sometimes it takes too long or they get lost so I call the bank and ask them to send it to me to Argentina via UPS or via Courier with a tracking number, that way I receive it safely.
Thank you for the info. Would you mind sharing the name of your bank?

Just use a friend's or relative's address. Banks used to let you use a PO Box or Registered Box/Agent but now they don't. But you can easily just use a friend's address and then change ALL your statements and notices to online only and NOTHING will go to your friend's address. That's the easiest solution.

I have 4 brokerage accounts and 4 bank accounts in the USA...I use a mailbox company with zero problem. Make sure you keep a USA phone number...a real one and not a voip number as well.
Do not tell the banks or brokerage companies you are permanently out of the USA, period. Some care greatly and a few fo not.
Pm me for more information

Some use the address of their favorite baseball teams front entrance

CEBcz0DUUAAREzb.jpg

Back