Major national truckers strike this Monday.

notebook.fix

Registered
Hugo Moyano - a major ally & partner of the current K government who is under investigation by the Swiss Authorities for money laundering has declared war on on all news media outlets whom he accuses of a maintaining a campaign of public attacks on himself & his family.

News of the Swiss Investigators request to investigate Moyano & Moyano's decision to impose a national trucker's strike is a major political earth quake here in Argentina that threatens to rock the current election plans for the K government.
http://en.mercopress.com/2011/03/18...t-swiss-justice-investigation-of-their-leader

Moyano is becoming more and more powerful as years come. Keep in mind that the majority of the goods in this country are transportated by trucks, no trains or ships. So the country will be frozen next Monday.

This is a new one - Let's call a strike here because another country is investigating our leader for crimes!.... This will really go a long way to stopping the Swiss authorities... I guess they will be quaking in the streets of Zurich!!!!!!!

LOL! ...yes...well...the short story is that the other pro K news media 'could have' stayed silent & not have had to make much fanfare about the Swiss investigation but the problem for Moyano is the opposition news organizations namely Clarin, La Nacion etc will not stay quiet....it appears that the main reason for the strike is to harass & muscle the opposition news media into complying with their silence around this major scandal.

Not a good move.

Basically, if Moyano could have controlled his tantrum & not started a national strike over it, the pro K news media would not be forced into having to print something about it (they can't be seen to be blatantly suppressing a hot juicy news story like this from the general public) & could have kept it in small print on the back pages, instead now Clarin & La Nacion have something to shout about "threats to press freedom" & "Money laundering scandal" Etc Etc....now the whole thing is snowballing out of control...what a circus.

Note though that the pro k press emphasizes the strike but minimizes the Swiss investigation, where as Clarin & La Nacion highlight & focus on the scandal of the $$$ investigation itself.

The worst part is that the country suffers a major industrial stoppage imposing financial losses for industry & the common folk. Not being able to have any say or control over this strike, Cristina not only sees it as a disruptive event on her re-election campaign...but is also very uncomfortable about the fact that it exposes her reliance & vulnerability to the "CGT Monster" that this Gov is seen as having helped to create...as some say, the day of reckoning is coming.

Liam3494 said:
This is a new one - Let's call a strike here because another country is investigating our leader for crimes!.... This will really go a long way to stopping the Swiss authorities... I guess they will be quaking in the streets of Zurich!!!!!!!

I wonder if Hugo's madness will effect Fedex shipments ? Probably not, but I'm unsure and have an important shipment due to go out Monday. Man, that Hugo sure can throw a tantrum.

According to La Nacion Hugo & Cristina are not friends anymore...there's a hint that Cristina may have squealed on him to the Swiss police after they had a falling out over Moyano's plans to plant his own ministers in the K government.

Publicly Moyano's mob wants to make it appear as an anti-union conspiracy by the powers that be after unsuccessfully trying to silence La NAcion & Clarin over the Swiss $$$ scandal..hence the distraction with the transport strike...planes, boats, trucks, taxis & buses.

Great,I had another tramite across town Monday, guess that's nixed . Not looking forward to the buses and flatbed trucks (used to bus in the unionists,) parked everywhere I live, nor the large groups of men roaming the streets. You can always tell when it's the unions protesting. They're all men.
I don't know how all this will resolved. The unions will not be satisfied until the newspapers/media are destroyed (and you know the ones I mean.) It's a sad day when unions can take over an entire country.

I'm hearing from my local friends there will be no public transportation (buses, trains), no taxis, and no delivery of food to restaurants. Off to the supermarket to pillage them!

NikBaires said:
I'm hearing from my local friends there will be no public transportation (buses, trains), no taxis, and no delivery of food to restaurants. Off to the supermarket to pillage them!
Just read the same in the papers............me too, off to the market!

So is Monday an official holiday yet?

If so, then March 2011 will go down as the month with:

-two 4-day weekends
-one 3-day weekend

Talk about competing with the Chinese & Brazilians...

Back