Make It Stop

I hear home sirens going off here practically every night......alot of times it means someones being burglarized.....like I mentioned on the other forum, you'll get used to it.

Car alarms as well....that's another everynight occurance..

Yes, welcome to Argentina enjoy!!!

I never have a problem with this. My Argentina world ! :lol:

Its much worse in Los Angeles.
In the 80's, every car had an alarm, and every time a truck went by, they all went off.
And, of course, when there was an earthquake, every car alarm in the entire city went off at once.
There are six million cars in Los Angeles.
Then, there are the police helicopters.
I have never heard a police helicopter in Buenos Aires.
On an average night in LA, you can usually see two or three at any given time of night, circling with their spotlights shining down.

in my apartment in Barrio Norte, the biggest noise is the dog next door, chasing a ball.

I never have a problem with this. My Argentina world ! :lol:

I don't have this problem, either. None of my neighbors have house or car alarms and even if they did the alarms probably wouldn't be on very long. Most of the houses around here are occupied during the day and almost all of them are occupied at night. The closest two houses are about 200 meters from mine.

When I first moved here inbound commercial flights to Bahia Blanca flew directly over my property, but there weren't very many (five or six per day) and the noise wasn't bothersome. Now they follow a different landing pattern and I do not see or hear them at all.

About two cars pass in front of my house per hour (on days when there is a lot of traffic), and if my windows are open I occasionally hear the clip-clop of horse hoofs in the dirt road in front of my house.

Fortunately, the closest a jackass ever gets to my house is here in the forum.
emo32.gif

Its much worse in Los Angeles.
In the 80's, every car had an alarm, and every time a truck went by, they all went off.
And, of course, when there was an earthquake, every car alarm in the entire city went off at once.
There are six million cars in Los Angeles.
Then, there are the police helicopters.
On an average night in LA, you can usually see two or three at any given time of night, circling with their spotlights shining down.

in my apartment in Barrio Norte, the biggest noise is the dog next door, chasing a ball.

In our Botánico apartment, we replaced all the windows, and two sets of sliding doors to the balcony, with doble vidrio. The street noise is almost zero. For a while, though, we had a problem with a large family upstairs that always moved their furniture around midnight. They're now gone, fortunately.

You must not live near a futbol stadium. River, Boca, San Lorenzo, Velez etc are playing and 2-3 helicopters will be parked overhead for hours.

Anyway this was not a car alarm, this persons home siren was going off 3 blocks away and would not let me sleep. The whole neighborhood could hear it.

I don't have this problem, either. None of my neighbors have house or car alarms and even if they did the alarms probably wouldn't be on very long. Most of the houses around here are occupied during the day and almost all of them are occupied at night. The closest two houses are about 200 meters from mine.

When I first moved here inbound commercial flights to Bahia Blanca flew directly over my property, but there weren't very many (five or six per day) and the noise wasn't bothersome. Now they follow a different landing pattern and I do not see or hear them at all.

About two cars pass in front of my house per hour (on days when there is a lot of traffic), and if my windows are open I occasionally hear the clip-clop of horse hoofs in the dirt road in front of my house.

Fortunately, the closest a jackass ever gets to my house is here in the forum.
emo32.gif
<< keeps wondering if you need a housekeeper whenever I read posts describing your place.

You must not live near a futbol stadium. River, Boca, San Lorenzo, Velez etc are playing and 2-3 helicopters will be parked overhead for hours.

Anyway this was not a car alarm, this persons home siren was going off 3 blocks away and would not let me sleep. The whole neighborhood could hear it.

When I lived in a fairly upscale Berkeley neighborhood, we had a neighbor who often would set off his alarm while falling down drunk. The police and fire departments were out there every week trying to get in to see if something had really happened.

Back