Make Up Of Our Ba Community

splaying

Registered
I would like to get a real handle on the makeup of the Expat community here in Buenos Aires. Perhaps some of you could assist me in coming to an understanding of these facts. How many are from different countries.. be nice to set up a poling but I do not know how to do same.. How many from the USA; from the UK; from Australia; and onward too of the so many countries who are well represented here in Buenos Aires. Many thanks to all of you who will contribute to this type of posting. An offshoot to all of this is a get together of nationalities for sharing typical meals of your original countries. We can go forward to looking at drinks; relaxation; and other activities too if there is sufficient interest going forward from this point of time. Many thanks.. Walter

I'm a late 20s Californian with Argy partner. The problem with these kinds of threads is that not the whole community sees them, and even less people respond. People use the site for different purposes; some for business opps, some just to ask questions, some just to answer questions, others for support from the 'community', which is a lovely one if I do say so myself!!!

Irish, not from Dublin, here with wife who is from Santa Fe (sort of). Right side of 40 and trying to cope with starting work again after a blissful sabbatical.

Very keen on pickled onions.

Canada! I spend four months of the year in BA and the other eight months in Quebec.

Canadian from Toronto. Came here to make a movie in 2006 and stayed. Now involved in both real estate and film.

FYI. Walter. when I joined i made an informal survey of BAEXPATS. this was about 2010. i only had 60 people reply, but at that time we had 42% americans, 21% UK, 15% canadians as the countries most represented. the rest were from all over.

the average age on here was about 40 and the average time spent here by the members that replied was about 19 months.

no idea how accurate that is today.

An almost 40 New Zealand girl, married to an Argentine, three gorgeous Argentine kids aged 10, 6 & 3. I've been here 12 years and 7 months and feeling particularly homesick just at the moment (heads to kitchen to make vegemite sandwich).

American, grew up in the mountains of Colorado, but I'm a city girl at heart. Obsessed with animals...obsessed (give me a goat to pet and I'll give you a smile). Recovering vegetarian (asado will do that to you). Borderline alcohol problem (malbec will do that to you).

Back