Making deposits at HSBC or any bank

kate123

Registered
Hi everyone,
I recently tried to take some pesos (in cash) to HSBC in order to put onto my debit card, which was originally from UK. The man in the bank said i couldnt do this. Is this true? I thought this was possible.
If it isnt, it there a way in which this can be done?
Please help if you have any advice or experience of this. - its urgent!

Thanks
Kate

Can you suggest a way that i can transfer the money? Even if I change the currency to pounds will it still be a problem?

Hi Kate,

You can use Banco Piano to transfer pesos to the account linked to your debit card. They charge 2% commission and the money is in your account the next business day. They are located on San Martin between Corrientes and Sarmiento. Just go with your passport, bank account/routing info and the pesos.

I don´t know any quicker way to go about it. Hopefully someone else will chime in if they know a better way.

LaLa - Question - Is that for "Foreign" Accounts do you knw? I have an account with the Bank of Ireland back home, with a debit card, and wasn't aware that you could transfer/pay-in funds from here to that account - Would be grateful to know that its universal. Thanks

Hi Liam,

I transfer pesos to my US bank account without any problem, and have no bank account in Argentina, and you don´t need an account with Banco Piano to transfer money. I just walk in with pesos, passport and bank info and walk out with a receipt for the transaction and see dollars in my account the next business day. The Banco Piano site says that they send and receive transfers to and from any country, in any currency, so I think it would work for you.

http://www.bancopiano.com.ar/Transferencias_3297PR10.aspx

kate123 said:
Can you suggest a way that i can transfer the money? Even if I change the currency to pounds will it still be a problem?

If you don't want to do the method above, see if any of your friends want pesos in exchange for sending you pounds in the UK? For example someone who needs to extract a lot of cash in Argentina, to pay rent or something?

Back