Making sense of "expenses" in RE listings

expatagonia

Registered
Have been looking at zonaprop sales listings for the first time and am wondering what exactly the "expenses" listed under the property prices refer to. For instance, in the screenshots of the two listings below (each priced at 250k USD), one has expenses of $120,000 and other $28,000. Are those "expenses" monthly HOA fees in pesos?

Also, I looked at Recoleta condo prices about 10+ years ago and seem to remember prices being significantly higher. Is that correct? Many thanks.

Attachments

• 664674C2-F889-4E1D-97AB-4A52A664B392.jpeg
    664674C2-F889-4E1D-97AB-4A52A664B392.jpeg
    218 KB · Views: 16
  • 5E3D26BC-B9A4-4BFF-A3CC-13F44543B7B4.jpeg
    5E3D26BC-B9A4-4BFF-A3CC-13F44543B7B4.jpeg
    219.7 KB · Views: 14
Yes expensas are what you pay the consorcio to do whatever needs doing in the building during the month. Salaries, general maintenance of common areas etc.

If it’s a building with 24hr security, amenities etc then expensas will be high.

If you only have someone come in and take the bins out once a day they will be low.

Yes expensas are what you pay the consorcio to do whatever needs doing in the building during the month. Salaries, general maintenance of common areas etc.

If it’s a building with 24hr security, amenities etc then expensas will be high.

If you only have someone come in and take the bins out once a day they will be low.
What if a security person e.g.works in the same job for 25+ years in the building wound't his salary be surely higher and therefore, also push up the 'expensas' either way whether 24 hours or not..longstanding staff bring higher expenses...just wondering

If expenses are marked as "Liquidación de mes: Enero/2024 with "Periodo Diciembre/2023). Would a tenant normally have to pay these expenses if they did not start living in the rental until February?

If expenses are marked as "Liquidación de mes: Enero/2024 with "Periodo Diciembre/2023). Would a tenant normally have to pay these expenses if they did not start living in the rental until February?
Regardless of moving-in date, when did the tenancy begin? What does the contract say?

Expenses ( it took me several years to figure it out)

1. Building expenses charged by building admin - can be very high depending on the class of the building. It may have two components aa) usually maintenance charges including salary of guards, maintenance /cleaning, water bills, central heating etc bb) extraordinary expenses such as building repair or gym equipment renewal.
2. Gas bills ( usually not included in building expenses). will not be applicable if the apartment has no gas connection.
3. Electricity bills
4. ABL - it contains two components - aa) property taxes to the owner - major component bb) taxes for cleaning the street where the building is located - minor component

Hi everyone, I am new today here. I am looking at buying an apartment in BA. But am a little dismayed at the ridiculously high "expensas" listed on the website I am looking at. Are these expensas in USD? Just taking a random listing I see here that the purchase price id USD 155k and the expensas are listed as $40,000. Is this figure for the expensas a local currency or USD. Monthly or annual?

Many thanks for your helpexpensas.png

The expenses are denominated in local currency, presently known as the Peso (but watch this space) and written internationally as ARS or AR$ and within the country just as $

The expenses are paid monthly.

Based on what's happening in our building both the purchase price and the expenses seem on the low side: it may be an old listing or intended to reel in potential clients. Rogues in the property business are the norm here: be careful who you give your money to. Any time you spend researching before you buy will be time well spent and there is lots to learn just by searching this site.

Good luck!

The passport bros on twitter insist that property prices ( for purchase) are higher than pre-elections in Oct 23. I disagree. Locals are struggling. Newcomers from abroad are hesitant to invest in an unstable economy. Though there is optimism with the new president but time only will show the reality.

Back