Making matambre pizza and bondiola in the states

BROOKLYN

Registered
what kind of meat should I buy for the matambre?? flank steak? right? and bondiola is known here as pork loin? if you guys have any good recipes you want to share, I would aprreciate it ! thanks my fellow expats:D

Hi Brooklyn, the type of meat you should buy for the matambre is erhhhhm called matambre. It is NOT flank steak (vacio) or bondiola which is a cut of pork as you pointed out. Matambre is a very thin layer of meat which is cut off by the butcher from the belly.... here it can be beef or pork. It is very quick to cook on a grill over charcoal, so best to have it high off the coals, don't use any chemically impregnated coals as they would ruin the flavour. Season with salt beforehand. Then treat it as a pizza and add your topping. hope this gives you some idea of what this is all about.

Bondiola isn't pork loin, it is pork shoulder. It is often called pork butt, Boston butt or something similar. Bondiola is boneless, but depending on how you intend to cook it, a bone-in butt can also be used.

Back