Making The Move In February! Tips Please! :)

A smart phone with a data plan will be pretty useful, for Google maps (getting around the city). Google maps also has pretty good coverage now if BA's public transit system (subways, buses, trains). If your phone is unlocked, you can just get a SIM card and pay as you go (prepaid plan). The big carriers I recall are Personal, Claro, and Movistar.

Even without a data plan, almost all restaurants have Wifi. More than the US, it seems.

For coffee there are plenty of coffee shops, including many Starbucks all around BA. Where I lived in Palermo, I had 3 within a 10 minute walk. I went to the one that made the strongest latte.

I have just recently decided to make the move to Buenos Aires at the start of Feb.

If I bring enough cash to last me the two months..

Hi Nicole, Are you actually moving to Buenos Aires or just coming for two months? "What to bring" will vary greatly depending on how you long are planning to stay.

I suggest you use the advance search to see what others have posted on the subject:

Click on the sprocket next to the magnifying glass to get the advance search form

Enter the words what and bring in the find words box.

Match all words, search only in titles, and display the results as a topic list.

Can you just add an international data plan to your existing smartphone? When travelling to BA for short periods (~2 weeks) in the past I've simply had my provider add international data to my existing plan for 30 days at a time for a relatively small fee. Once you have data, there are many apps you can use to make voice calls using data.

Can you just add an international data plan to your existing smartphone? When travelling to BA for short periods (~2 weeks) in the past I've simply had my provider add international data to my existing plan for 30 days at a time for a relatively small fee. Once you have data, there are many apps you can use to make voice calls using data.

Yes, if you're just coming for a temporary period, that's probably easier. With AT&T it's called "Passport", and you can choose how much data per month you want. I think T-Mobile even includes it free with their plans.

For coffee there are plenty of coffee shops, including many Starbucks all around BA. Where I lived in Palermo, I had 3 within a 10 minute walk. I went to the one that made the strongest latte.

Can you please explain what the heck is a latte? Latte means milk, I can't understand what as strong milk means for anybody aged 5+.

If you are from the US you can keep your US phone number with free texting to the US from anywhere with free 2g data roaming!

Can you please explain what the heck is a latte? Latte means milk, I can't understand what as strong milk means for anybody aged 5+.

Sure, this video lays it out pretty well, and you gotta love Larry David:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBNOB7FkSSM

Realize that almost everyone you deal with is going to try to cheat you if you look or talk like a gringo!
GET INSURANCE for everything you own, have a serial number list, and keep track of your serial numbers on bills.
Make a plan on ways to know prices, fares, places to stay. Mercadolibre , allomoha , bunch of good sites to check prices.
Keep your money in a safe pocket, not in purse or wallet.
HIDE your wallet if you like it and have pictures you want to keep.
If your a female hold your purse like an NFL athlete does a ball as he goes through the heavy traffic of people trying to tackle him.
Make copies of photos in case your wallet is stolen.
Get some cameras from home or buy them here on mercadolibre that are wireless like the tp link nc250, you can view your home from the internet to see your house.
Get an alarm for your house that has a battery backup so when thieves cut the electric, you still have an alarm. It should also call an emergency number automatically.

Get some form of protection against home invaders, i suggest a bazooka. Wear a bullet proof vest. Youtube has good videos for homemade ones.

Treat everyone as a potential enemy, study them long and hard before you trust them.

Sun Tzu says it best "keep your friends close and your enemies closer!"

PS a lot of people don't have a sense of humor here, they are mad at the world and everyone needs to pay for their anger! LOL

Hire a Marine to bodyguard you! LOL

I seriously have met allot of really nice people here, just be careful! There are bad ones too!

A latte (/ˈlɑːteɪ/ or /ˈlæteɪ/)[1][2] is a coffee drink made with espresso and steamed milk.

The term as used in English is a shortened form of the Italian caffè latte [kafˈfɛ lˈlatte], caffelatte [kaffeˈlatte] or caffellatte [kaffelˈlatte], which means "milk coffee".

Strong latte refers to a higher ratio of coffee to milk.

So how do you call it when it is just milk and no coffee? This is very confusing.

Back