Malbec Argie Best In The World Award In France

I can recommend Gascon Malbec Reserva and Lagarde Malbec, both at Coto around $100 each.
I don't bother buying lesser wine any more as I prefer to enjoy the quality.

You have caviar taste! Bring one bottle of each to a Club meeting :wub: Lagarde is owned by the IMF Lady President?

I was at a winery filming a few years ago. I tried two wines, one was expensive as hell and one was mid-range. Everyone at the table, myself included, preferred the mid-range.
You can also be biased by what you are used too. When I went to Chile I loved the wines but in part because it was something different.

The thing that got me about the Norton Malbec 2010 was just the massive oak, enough tannin to cure leather with, but it wasn't at all sour or acidic. With the asado, it was just marvelous.

On the other hand, (don't tell any of my Argentine friends I said this), the parillada didn't impress me at all, especially for the price. The beef was tough, stringy, and full of gristle, with a flavour that was frankly mediocre. The sausages were coarse and again full of gristle. The best part was the chicken, that was very tasty and fall-right-off-the-bone tender. If I could do it again, I'd just order a plate of chicken.

The thing that got me about the Norton Malbec 2010 was just the massive oak, enough tannin to cure leather with, but it wasn't at all sour or acidic. With the asado, it was just marvelous.

On the other hand, (don't tell any of my Argentine friends I said this), the parillada didn't impress me at all, especially for the price. The beef was tough, stringy, and full of gristle, with a flavour that was frankly mediocre. The sausages were coarse and again full of gristle. The best part was the chicken, that was very tasty and fall-right-off-the-bone tender. If I could do it again, I'd just order a plate of chicken.

Since you are a newcomer you are falling into the tourist traps of Florida like El Palacio de las Papas Fritas or the Hacienda

Try a reasonably priced Parrilla downtown , El Establo , Paraguay 489 .
Or if you want to splurge go to La Cabaña in Rodriguez Peña 1967 , Recoleta

Since you are a newcomer you are falling into the tourist traps of Florida like El Palacio de las Papas Fritas or the Hacienda

Duly Ctrl-C Ctrl-V'ed into my notes file.

You know, what you said about tourist traps, is exactly what my new landlords told me earlier today. Mind you, they were painstakingly polite about it, and sort of beat around the bush some, but it boiled down to the same thing. Get away from the trampa de las turistas area and eat where the locals eat.

I will say this much for that El Gaucho place, they had the snappiest service I have seen yet, by a wide margin. There was this big beefy guy sitting in a sort of a bullpen where he could see everything, and he seemed to have the serving staff duly intimidated, because they were on the bounce. I mean, look up, catch the waitress' eye and she stops what she's doing and comes right over to see me. But yeah, 300 pesos is still too much for dinner for one person.

Duly Ctrl-C Ctrl-V'ed into my notes file.

You know, what you said about tourist traps, is exactly what my new landlords told me earlier today. Mind you, they were painstakingly polite about it, and sort of beat around the bush some, but it boiled down to the same thing. Get away from the trampa de las turistas area and eat where the locals eat.

I will say this much for that El Gaucho place, they had the snappiest service I have seen yet, by a wide margin. There was this big beefy guy sitting in a sort of a bullpen where he could see everything, and he seemed to have the serving staff duly intimidated, because they were on the bounce. I mean, look up, catch the waitress' eye and she stops what she's doing and comes right over to see me. But yeah, 300 pesos is still too much for dinner for one person.

You get to be an expert when you visit La Cabrera in Palermo, or for a Parrilla libre Siga La Vaca en Puerto Madero.

I can recommend Gascon Malbec Reserva and Lagarde Malbec, both at Coto around $100 each.
I don't bother buying lesser wine any more as I prefer to enjoy the quality.

Is "Gascon Malbec Reserva" different than "Familia Gascon Malbec Reserva"?

If not, then why was it $100? Shouldn't it be around $65?

Same wine and that's coto pricing.

Speaking of gascon the 09 pequeñas producciones barbera es excellet. A great example of what a barbera can be if given a better than the usual bargin basement treatment.
IMAGE_47.jpg

Paired beautifully with a spicy cajun ishy chicken Caesar

Retail was 188. I bought 12 and paid 155 each.

Get it before it's gone. Only 5000 made and at least 3 have passed through my liver and 17 are in my cellar. The 09 is one of only 2 vintages that they've made this wine since 2000 and it is leaps and bounds above the previous version.

/random wino ramblings

Interesting Comments however the bottle that won the award was Famiglia Bianchi Malbec Reserva 2012. Perhaps should try it sells in Mercado Libre for over $100 pesos, would sell at restos for way over $200. You tasted a Casa Lopez and a Norton 2010, this wine sells for ·$25 pesos at the Chinoi. Quality Consistency an issue? :eek:

http://articulo.merc...erva-malbec-_JM

Sadly, the Bianchi is not what it should be for such an honor. :huh: There is much better available.

Try Cervantes, Peron & Callao ( over Peron ) Cheap and don´t ask for the decorateur. I´ll give a chance to matambrito con fritas any time

Back