Malbec Argie Best In The World Award In France

Try Cervantes, Peron & Callao ( over Peron ) Cheap and don´t ask for the decorateur. I´ll give a chance to matambrito con fritas any time

TYVM for the tip, but what's a decorateur?

And let me get this straight, the name of the place is Cervantes, (like Miguel), and the location is near the intersection of Peron & Callao?

And let me get this straight, the name of the place is Cervantes, (like Miguel), and the location is near the intersection of Peron & Callao?

Parrilla Cervantes, Peron 1883, Congreso

http://www.guiaoleo.com.ar/restaurantes/Cervantes-II-1849

Not Paermo soho style, very humle place. . Yeah, Migguel de Cervantes Saavedra. On Peron st.

Malbec Wines and Spirits are very much in at the Vatican! Crisitina K gave to Pope Francisco a portrait of the Virgen Santa Rosa de La Pampa? painted with Malbec Wine? , Also Prince Phillip gave Francisco a Bottle of Balmoral Whiskey..... :D

Back to the Malbec.

As I said earlier, I had a Lopez Malbec 2011 that was totally underwhelming. Twice since then, I've had Lopez Malbec 2012 that was just superb. I asked my waiter about it last night, and he immediately agreed with the earlier suggestion that the bottle of 2011 had not been stored correctly. He said it does not vary that much from year to year.

Oh, and I've concluded that you can get some kickass pizza here, it's just a question of where you go.

Lopez is also a 'classic argentine' winery which means 3 years is OLD for them, not to mention i'm pretty sure they haven't come around to screw caps or plastic yet and are using the same absolute crap cork that they have been for 30 years on all of their wines.

Still, far more likely is that it was kept on a shelf next to the 500C pizza oven for a year before the sold it to you. You'll get the hang of it quickly, there are some places where it's just better to get a quilmes. Or a hesperdina & tonic if you're feeling brave.

Lopez is also a 'classic argentine' winery which means 3 years is OLD for them, not to mention i'm pretty sure they haven't come around to screw caps or plastic yet and are using the same absolute crap cork that they have been for 30 years on all of their wines.

Still, far more likely is that it was kept on a shelf next to the 500C pizza oven for a year before the sold it to you. You'll get the hang of it quickly, there are some places where it's just better to get a quilmes. Or a hesperdina & tonic if you're feeling brave.

Whoa, stop, hold it right there.

If it has a screw cap, it's not wine.

If it has a plastic stopper, it's not good wine.

True wine is always sealed with a true cork.

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Whoa, stop, hold it right there.[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]If it has a screw cap, it's not wine.[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]If it has a plastic stopper, it's not good wine.[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]True wine is always sealed with a true cork.[/background]
:rolleyes:

Ok whatever.

Back