Malbec

Norton, Trapiche and other Argentine wines you find in US are quickly deteriorating. I do not know what is inside the bottle, they sell so much.

I highly recommend going to Malambo ( corner of Guatemala & Thames). Alandro is very knowledgable and will help you make a great selection. We buy most of our wines from him.
Nancy
Just want to add that Malambo specializes in smaller, not so famous winery's.

T/

I highly recommend going to Malambo ( corner of Guatemala & Thames). Alandro is very knowledgable and will help you make a great selection. We buy most of our wines from him.
Nancy

Dear Nancy,

Thanks a lot for the information. The place is only a few blocks away from where we used to live and I never noticed it. I have been looking to their wines in their Facebook website and it looks like they have a great selection of things that are beyond the usual suspects. I will definitely stop by the place.

He can tell you history and describe the taste of every one of his wines. You'll definitely enjoy meeting Alandro.
Nancy

Some of my lesser known favorites are: any by Humberto Canale from Rio Negro, Lunta from Mendel, Carmelo Patti Cabernet, Fletchas de los Andes- Grande Corte, and Pura Sangre from St. Domaine.
You're sure to find something you will like from those.

I always buy a few bottles of older Angelica Zapata when I am in Argentina as it doesn't retail in the states.
I also always look out for Yachochuya Malbec (green label, not the red label second wine). You can get more vintages and at a better price in Argentina, and it is hard to come by in the states and much pricier. The second wine, the red blend, they have in the states.

Back