Manhattan Short Term Rental

Of course!!! As long as it goes under $200/night. I must keep it on a budget. Thanks

Don't mean to sound rude, anything under 200 usd/night in manhattan would be a roach infested kinda place. Although you might get something good outside of manhattan for that kind of price.

I stayed in a excellent hotel in manhattan recently right in front of macy's and right next to a major subway station.. 36th st between avenues of americas and 5th avenue. It was like 325 usd/night or so including all taxes with free breakfast.

Don't mean to sound rude, anything under 200 usd/night in manhattan would be a roach infested kinda place. Although you might get something good outside of manhattan for that kind of price.

I couldn't agree more, which was totally surprising when the Jane Hotel got a good review on the Today Show. I searched the website and it's an antique hotel where many Titanic survivors stayed, but it appeared to be clean. I wonder they why they're having a $105/night summer special? I'm in doubt as to it's quality, but Hoda and Kathee Lee Gifford endorsed it.

http://www.thejanenyc.com/

To the OP, there are indeed options in your price range, it's simply a matter of knowing NYC and knowing where to look. I am staying right now at the Rodger Smith on Lex & 47th. The rate is $175 a night. It's very cute, I would say 3 stars is an accurate rating in this case. Super clean, really helpful staff and they even allowed us to check in at 8 in the morning even though official check in time is 15:00. It's not luxurious but perfectly nice hotel and convenient location. When I looked on hotels.com, there were quite a few hotels in the 200 and under pricerange.

Also check VRBO and see what is available.

And if location is flexible, I would try priceline, you can certainly bid on a hotel and you'll for sure get some options!

I would never stay in LIC or even Hoboken. If you're coming for vacation in NY, you want to be in NY. And there are always options.

I stayed in a excellent hotel in manhattan recently right in front of macy's and right next to a major subway station.. 36th st between avenues of americas and 5th avenue. It was like 325 usd/night or so including all taxes with free breakfast.

No worries. Thanks for the suggestions.

I don't agree completely with your statement. I've went to NYC a couple of times and every time stayed in the same hotel, which was around $200/night, right in Manhattan and it was far from being dirty or having ugly insects. Sadly, it's not available for the days I'll be there. Maybe I was just lucky before.

thank you anyways

To the OP, there are indeed options in your price range, it's simply a matter of knowing NYC and knowing where to look. I am staying right now at the Rodger Smith on Lex & 47th. The rate is $175 a night. It's very cute, I would say 3 stars is an accurate rating in this case. Super clean, really helpful staff and they even allowed us to check in at 8 in the morning even though official check in time is 15:00. It's not luxurious but perfectly nice hotel and convenient location. When I looked on hotels.com, there were quite a few hotels in the 200 and under pricerange.

Also check VRBO and see what is available.

And if location is flexible, I would try priceline, you can certainly bid on a hotel and you'll for sure get some options!

I would never stay in LIC or even Hoboken. If you're coming for vacation in NY, you want to be in NY. And there are always options.

That's quite a nice hotel. Thanks for pointing it out for me.

I think I have plenty to work with. Thanks everyone for your help!!!

i was randomly checking the prices for Rodger smith hotel for august 12 to 13th.

its coming at 290 usd a night including taxes. Go figure!

I liked Holiday Inn Express on 6th Ave and 36th st.. I think you can get a single from from $150?? Best thing about it, free breakfast and fas wifi (it's fast enough)

I know August in NY will be like living hell, but I'm a desert person and been there before during the Summer. Besides, it was the absolute only time I could take some off work.

About other locations, I figured that after a long day of walking around I'd rather prefer to stay in a closer location, but I'll look around some of your suggestions.

Still, when I said cheap I didn't mean $60/night. I was thinking more on the $150/200 range.

Thanks!!! :)

I liked Holiday Inn Express on 6th Ave and 36th st.. I think you can get a single from from $150?? Best thing about it, free breakfast and fas wifi (it's fast enough)

this is the hotel I stay in , I think. Its called Holiday Inn 36th street, avenues of americas and 5th. next to it, is a best west western. But its about 325 usd/night after taxes.

August in NYC is like BA in January. If you go make sure to ask about the AC.

https://www.airbnb.com/s/New-York--NY

I went there last November for two weeks, stayed in LIC, much cheaper than Manhattan.
It's just a short subway ride under / over the river.

There are plenty of good and relatively inexpensive hotels thought out the length of the 7 subway line in Queens. You are just minutes away from Grand Central and paying less than half of the price.

this is the hotel I stay in , I think. Its called Holiday Inn 36th street, avenues of americas and 5th. next to it, is a best west western. But its about 325 usd/night after taxes.

You can get a La Quinta Inn in Sunnyside, Queens for $115. It is a clean hotel, in a safe neighborhood, and right next to a subway station. From there to Grand Central on the 7 line is less than 10 minutes.

http://www.lq.com/lq/properties/propertyProfile.do?propId=6014

Back