Manhattan Short Term Rental

You can get a La Quinta Inn in Sunnyside, Queens for $115. It is a clean hotel, in a safe neighborhood, and right next to a subway station. From there to Grand Central on the 7 line is less than 10 minutes.

http://www.lq.com/lq/properties/propertyProfile.do?propId=6014

Sunnyside is very nice; however, I wouldn´t be sure that La Quinta would be bed bug free. It´s necessary to read the latest reviews.

For four nights, I would definitely check out Vacation Rentals By Owner...

www.vrbo.com

I like their system much more than AirBnB. It's easier to filter things and get listings that fit your exact criteria. In the last 5 or 6 years, I've rented probably 30 places in 10 different countries on VRBO, and I've literally never had a bad experience, even though I'm always on a strict budget. I always check out the reviews (should be at least 10 independent reviews…not posted by the owner, with all of them 4 or 5 stars), and look for the exact location on an actual map. Check out all of the photos and read the details about whether there is a real bed or a sofa bed. I email the owner and ask for the full price for my stay, including tax and cleaning fees. Also, check out the calendar and see if it is updated and whether the place is well booked. If the owner is responsive and the site has all of that information, I would feel very comfortable renting the place. You shouldn't have any problem finding a good place in a good location within your budget. That's the one good thing about going to NYC in August!!!!

this is the hotel I stay in , I think. Its called Holiday Inn 36th street, avenues of americas and 5th. next to it, is a best west western. But its about 325 usd/night after taxes.

In June, my family got a room with 2 queen sized beds for about 260 including tax (through expedia), i only booked 2-3 weeks before I left.

Back