Mapa del delito out...BA Crime Map. Palermo tops the list.

Here's the latest list of crimes committed according to neighborhoods. Palermo tops the list. followed by Recoleta & Caballito.
https://tn.com.ar/policiales/mapa-del-delito-porteno-palermo-es-el-barrio-con-mas-robos_879090
I live in Constitucion and I have to say I feel very safe. Not too many tourist come here. Maybe that's way.
I get a quick intake of breath anytime I mention Constitution.Why? I am looking for an apartment to buy. Found one I like in Constitution, everyone is horrified.

Wow, that was surprising. I have an apartment in Las Cañitas, and have to say I’ve never encountered any crime there - either I’ve been lucky, or perhaps the broad definition of Palermo makes this map difficult to make too many assumptions.

One reason for high crime rate in Palermo is becuase of high number of tourists living here . Most of these tourists are from USA and Western Europe, who are not trained from childhood in avoiding petty street crime and most of them often end up losing their cell phones on the streets of Palermo and then go crying to the Police station at Plaza Italia.

Last edited:
Palermo is the largest neighbourhood of the city so of course there will be more crimes reported. Saying that Palermo Chico..Nuevo and Las Canitas are very safe in general. San Telmo and Microcentro are much more dangerous at night

Wow, that was surprising. I have an apartment in Las Cañitas, and have to say I’ve never encountered any crime there - either I’ve been lucky, or perhaps the broad definition of Palermo makes this map difficult to make too many assumptions.
As far as I'm aware, the map has been lifted directly from the .gov.ar web page of the same name so all the boundaries may be assumed to be the official ones, not those the real estate agents would like us to believe in.

PS <swerve> @DB Cooper: looks like Newsweek has you banged to rights - http://www.newsweek.com/db-cooper-robert-rackstraw-cold-case-1001688

I get a quick intake of breath anytime I mention Constitution.Why? I am looking for an apartment to buy. Found one I like in Constitution, everyone is horrified.
I had the same issue when I told some friends that I was thinking of buying a place in Constitucion. They were horrified too. They tried to talk me out of it. I’m glad I didn’t listen to them. Ten years later I’m still here very happy why my decision. The Macri people put a new glass dome subway entrance over the Plaza last year. The old train station is getting a full make over, inside and out. Starbucks is coming to the station. Someone told me the Macri family has a lot of RE in the area. He’s cleaning up the South side of the city. Before you buy anything make sure to check it out at night. It helps to see what the vibe on your block is after hours. Good luck.

Back