Marrying a foreigner in BA

gatoverde

Registered
Hi all,
I wasn't born in RA but do hold an Argentinian DNI and passport and will be marrying my long-term British fiance in less than a month.
We do already have an appointment at the RC Headquarters in Uruguay Rd and the only documents he was requested to hand over were his passport and certificate of address issued by the local police station in our neighbourhood as proof of residence.
Needless to say, we've hired a certified translator-so am I but obviously enough cannot take part but as a bride only haha-whose DNI and license copies we'll be handing over at the RC along with our own documents as well as the witnesses's.
No-one at the RC has ever mentioned a certified translation of his passport as a requirement before, but surfing this forum's old threads as well as some others I stumbled upon old posts-say from 2008, early 2009-where brides and grooms-to-be do mention this.
I was wondering if anyone's been through similar circunstances/procedures lately as the RCs seem to keep changing requirements and options all the time-e.g. an American friend of mine had to present his passport only last October for the same reasons while my fiance now needs passport and address certificate, six months later at the very same RC!:rolleyes:
Feedback inmensely appreciated!! (I know I'll end up ringing the RC for the umpteenth time hehe but it's good to hear from people in a similar situation too):D
Regards,

gatoverde said:
Needless to say, we've hired a certified translator-so am I but obviously enough cannot take part but as a bride only haha-whose DNI and license copies we'll be handing over at the RC along with our own documents as well as the witnesses's.
No-one at the RC has ever mentioned a certified translation of his passport as a requirement before, but surfing this forum's old threads as well as some others I stumbled upon old posts-say from 2008, early 2009-where brides and grooms-to-be do mention this.
I was wondering if anyone's been through similar circunstances/procedures lately as the RCs seem to keep changing requirements and options all the time-e.g. an American friend of mine had to present his passport only last October for the same reasons while my fiance now needs passport and address certificate, six months later at the very same RC!:rolleyes:

If his passport includes Spanish (name/nombre, e.g.) it should not require translation. Al least this is the case at migraciones when applying for a visa and at the registro civil when applying for the DNI.

steveinbsas said:
If his passport includes Spanish (name/nombre, e.g.) it should not require translation. Al least this is the case at migraciones when applying for a visa and at the registro civil when applying for the DNI.

Another case of 'it's different for everyone' I'm afraid, because my British/EU passport has the Spanish translation and EVERY time I've needed to present it I've needed to get it translated and notarized. EVERY time I point out that it's already translated but am told that that's not good enough.

:-/

Thanks a lot for all the answers!

Yeah, RC= registro civil (registry office) and RA does mean Argentina (btw, BA stands for Buenos Aires too hahaha)

@Steven and Alzinho, my bf (boyfriend) said exactly the very same thing, why should I have it translated when it already is?? but things don't usually work in such a logical way here when it comes to procedures-eg my original translator/interpreter was robbed of her DNI and cannot act as such at the ceremony as her passport is not considered valid enough by the Registry Office as proof of identity even though it has the very same number as her DNI as well as her photo and fingerprint.

The translator we're actually hiring instead happens to have married a foreigner very recently so I've asked him on the mater and I'll keep you posted!

Back