Massera dies

Gringoboy

Registered
The Naval Admiral who was part of the junta in 1976.
I had the misfortune of meeting him when I lived here then and I clearly remember one of his aides telling my sister that he 'required' her company.
Not a pleasant encounter.
His track record speaks for itself, so I'll say no more.

At the beginning of the film Cautiva, there is footage of the 1978 World Cup game that shows Massera in the stands...as well as Kissinger...it makes me shudder every time I see it. And I wonder what greeted him when he passed on to the other side today.

mobri1130 said:
At the beginning of the film Cautiva, there is footage of the 1978 World Cup game that shows Massera in the stands...as well as Kissinger...it makes me shudder every time I see it. And I wonder what greeted him when he passed on to the other side today.
Saddam Hussein

HenryNisental said:
Let us not forgt that Juan Peron put him in charge of Navy Minister!!

False, Sneaky Con people are not easy to detect in fact they are masters in the art of covering their real face and mind....as a recent sample former ex-president Nestor Kirchner with his wife in a gesture of political unity gave the opportunity to opposite Union Civica Radical (U.C.R) leader Julio 'Cleto' Cobos the honor to became Vice-President of this country, which he did, to later dishonor that trust by betraying them and with that the constitution of this country.

Typical face of a traitor.

225px-Julio_Cobos.jpg

Hard to pick up, eh?

Lucas said:
False, Sneaky Con people are not easy to detect in fact they are masters in the art of covering their real face and mind....as a recent sample former ex-president Nestor Kirchner with his wife in a gesture of political unity gave the opportunity to opposite Union Civica Radical (U.C.R) leader Julio 'Cleto' Cobos the honor tho became Vice-President of this country, which he did, to later dishonor that trust by betraying them and with that the constitution of this country.

Typical face of a traitor.

225px-Julio_Cobos.jpg

Hard to pick up, eh?
Maybe, just maybe Cobos has a conscience. Does doing the right thing make him a traitor?
Talk about faces...............how about placing your wifes face before the public and then pulling all the strings? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, sounds pretty divisive to me.

My Argentine politics isn't great, but didn't Cobos "betray" the Kirchners by using his vote as the decider to oppose their Agricultural export tax bill, and hence defeat it, avoiding irreparable damage to the nation's main and most reliable source of foreign income?

ghost said:
Maybe, just maybe Cobos has a conscience. Does doing the right thing make him a traitor?
Talk about faces...............how about placing your wifes face before the public and then pulling all the strings? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, sounds pretty divisive to me.

Then with your wicked way of thinking we can apply the same principle to Massera, a patriot, one of a group of patriots who killed and tortured the people of their country to protect the backyard of Uncle Sam and the oligarchy of this nation, that is not a man with a conscience this is traitor and a group of murderers with an agenda manipulated by external and foreign powers.

Read Smedley Butler in my signature to find out.

rrptownley said:
My Argentine politics isn't great, but didn't Cobos "betray" the Kirchners by using his vote as the decider to oppose their Agricultural export tax bill, and hence defeat it, avoiding irreparable damage to the nation's main and most reliable source of foreign income?

Yes he did, but not to help the agriculture of this country but to help the 'Soya Beans Barons' to keep the money they should be paying in taxes, for that kind of felony you go to jail in USA, no here they keep all they can get and more, sharing nothing with the people of this nation.

Not only he did that in many occasions, at least in two important and crucial ones but also break his oath to the constitution of this country as vice-president siding with the opposition in a senate draw vote, and that is unconstitutional because in these circumstances as vice-president his vote should be in favor of the ejective power he represents in this case the actual president of Argentina...but not he went the other way, that shows what kind of slime traitor he is.

Lucas said:
Yes he did, but not to help the agriculture of this country but to help the 'Soya Beans Barons' to keep the money they should be paying in taxes, for that kind of felony you go to jail in USA, no here they keep all they can get and more, sharing nothing with the people of this nation.

Not only he did that in many occasions, at least in two important and crucial ones but also break his oath to the constitution of this country as vice-president siding with the opposition in a senate draw vote, and that is unconstitutional because in these circumstances as vice-president his vote should be in favor of the ejective power he represents in this case the actual president of Argentina..

They are not 'Soya Beans Barons'. Every food basket country has the same; Australia, USA, Canada.
Food on a commercial scale has to be operated by large companies. Dismantling it down to a local producing co-op level doesn't work, shown markedly in Zimbabwe, though not the best example.

These are not sole farmers raping and pillaging the land and laughing in the face of the worker in the absence of any Zorro-like character to arrive and fight injustice. These are established companies that made this country successful, provide many, many jobs to rural Argentina who would otherwise miss out on any help from the myopics in Capital, run an efficient and internationally competitive business in face of outright aggression from their own government. These companies are one of the few things that DO work correctly here.

At the moment they pay 35% tax to export their produce. The Kirchners were trying to push it to 44%. Can you imagine any business anywhere that could cope with being taxed half of everything it earnt? Could you, Lucas?

Maybe you should get to know your own country outside of Capital. Speak to the average Argentine who relies on working sunrise to sunset, and not the union member camped in the middle of 9 de Julio.

As for Cobos being constitutionally obliged to vote for Christina's bills, that is a ridiculous statement.

Back