mate

gatoandaluz

Registered
Do you drink it? I drink a ton of mate, but am not used to it hot when it's warm outside. I first had it iced in Brazil, and have a hard time wrapping my mind around drinking hot mate in the summer.

Hi
I don`t like mate and Iam Uruguayan!! my husband drinks a lot of mate alone and I drink tea Iam surprised to see a lot of people drinking mate.

It took me 3 years to like it, but now I drink the orange cbse variety all the time, get a real high off it too!

In summer (and in the north ) some have mate cold, I think its called Terere.
So instead of warm water, they add cold orange juice, or lemonade or other....

I can't like mate; it's gross.

Now that its getting warm, iced Coffee from starbucks or iced tea!

I drink iced coffee first thing in the morning. It's too potent to maintain all day though.

Hi
I like coffee in the morning to wake me up and tea the rest of the day, coffee from Starbucks is more like a dessert than a coffee, they put icecream, cream, coffee and....this is another concept but I know they are having a lot of success people here want to try new things I prefer a normal coffee and a nice chat instead a take away but it has to do with cultural thing

Mate is great! I love the bitterness of it too.

It helps your brain think clearly, gives you an energy kick, and helps you to burn fat. It gives you energy to be alert and aware but also won't keep you up all night like caffeine. In fact, it makes you sleep more soundly.

Basically, yerba mate is prime for socializing (sharing with others), feeling better, sleeping better, losing weight, studying, and exercising. Drinking it before exercise is great because it somehow delays the burning sensation you get at the gym while lifting weights. Thus, you can lift more weights more a longer amount of time and burn more fat.

rihornos said:
Hi
I like coffee in the morning to wake me up and tea the rest of the day, coffee from Starbucks is more like a dessert than a coffee, they put icecream, cream, coffee and....this is another concept but I know they are having a lot of success people here want to try new things I prefer a normal coffee and a nice chat instead a take away but it has to do with cultural thing

Starbuck may be making a name down here with al the milkshakes but its still one of the best places to go if you want a real cup of espresso. Not the best by any means, I never went when I lived in seattle and had options, but here in argentina those 15000+ dollar machines that the barristas are standing infront of know how to make a shot of espresso better than 98% of the cafes in this country.

I don't know how you can call starbucks desert, if you go in and you order something with very little coffee in it, thats your own fault.

I love my iced coffee from starbucks because, solo by virtue of actually making espresso, I can have them pour the shots over ice with out water, which after a half second of stirring results in a very strong chilled americano.

Back