Mauricio Macri Fund Rasing Party

garryl

Registered
It is said that Mauricio Macri (mayor of BsAs) is going to have a fund raising party on March 17, for his president election campaign.
And the response is overwhelming. The ticket is 50k peso (as expensive as US president fund raising party in California), and there are a lot more people want to come. The number of the crowd is changed from 180 to 280 people will go. In US, the people who donate at the fund raising party have to Americans. But here in BsAs, not sure. Many business people were invited. Looks like he is well received in the business community, and probably makes big changes on business/construction policy if he is elected. How much chance does he have ? Can he throw a good shot at it.

Do you have a link to the invitation? I'd seriously consider going. Out of all the politicians running, I best trust him with my money

Sure! He probably forgot to read what the criminal code says about brives...

Do you have a link to the invitation? I'd seriously consider going. Out of all the politicians running, I best trust him with my money
Sorry I do not. I heard of this from a reliable source(who is supporting a new congressman candidate, and the new candidate is a friend of Macri). The party will be held at Agriculture Exhibition Center on March 17 evening. You can contact PRO party for details, they will welcome you, I guess. Right now, there are more than 280 people who are willing to buy the tickets for 50k. They are debating how to arrange it. THX. This is heavily backed by business people. Macri's family has close connection to many business people, especially in construction.

Scioli will get enough votes in the first round to trigger a run-off. He will lose to Macri in the second round.

I'm also not convinced that Scioli's nomination Will be a cakewalk

Definitely not. It's actually the most interesting "interna política" at the moment. Hardline kirchneristas hate Scioli. However, unless Randazzo steps it up a notch, Scioli is all the only one they have. Urribarri and others probably don't have a chance because of money, but that could also change.

But between Scioli and Macri, I honestly don't see Macri being victorious. Macri has way too many political skeletons in his closet, and tons of not-so-flattering interviews from the 1990s and 2000s that the kirchneristas have already started playing on repeat.

Macri has almost zero support outside of the BA metropolitan area. Peolpe elsewhere, such as here in Mendoza or in the north, just cannot identify with him. There are many non-BA candidates who will get the vote ahead of him, at least in the first round. He appears to be a city guy only. That could change, but he is going to have to work on that. I want a change, but know nothing about how much of a change he would really be.

Back