Mauricio Macri Fund Rasing Party

Macri has almost zero support outside of the BA metropolitan area. Peolpe elsewhere, such as here in Mendoza or in the north, just cannot identify with him. There are many non-BA candidates who will get the vote ahead of him, at least in the first round. He appears to be a city guy only. That could change, but he is going to have to work on that. I want a change, but know nothing about how much of a change he would really be.
Can he bomb the country with campaign ads like Obama did ? If he has enough fund.

Macri has almost zero support outside of the BA metropolitan area. Peolpe elsewhere, such as here in Mendoza or in the north, just cannot identify with him. There are many non-BA candidates who will get the vote ahead of him, at least in the first round. He appears to be a city guy only. That could change, but he is going to have to work on that. I want a change, but know nothing about how much of a change he would really be.

That's interesting, because my husband is in Mendoza at least once a month for work, he talks to his Mendocino staff everyday and he's had the impression that Macri is actually gaining there.

That's interesting, because my husband is in Mendoza at least once a month for work, he talks to his Mendocino staff everyday and he's had the impression that Macri is actually gaining there.
No one knew Bill Clinton and Obama before they came out to run for president, and they won. Why not Macri ? Plus half of the population is here in Buenos Aires , where people know him so well.

Sure! He probably forgot to read what the criminal code says about brives...

LOL and that corrupt Queen you love so much if bribes are criminal should she not be behind bars right NOW!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCsCNHDSUPI

As for me I am with Mujica seems to be the only man in politics in South America that a grasp on reality.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/southamerica/falklandislands/9973226/Argentinas-Cristina-Kirchner-is-an-old-hag.html

No one knew Bill Clinton and Obama before they came out to run for president, and they won. Why not Macri ? Plus half of the population is here in Buenos Aires , where people know him so well.

33% is in Ba city and BA province. About 3 million are in this city. It means about 7% not the 50% you mentioned.

No, it is not legal in this country.
The State gives the money from tax to spend in the campaign.

What are the criteria for getting money from the government for a campaign? What are the laws and oversight to ensure that all potential candidates get the same treatment?

As far as I understand things, don't you have to get something like 6,000 signatures of voting individuals to start a political party? Is there a different number required for a political party to field a presidential candidate?

Once a political party has met the requirements to field a presidential candidate, does the government give money equally to all parties?

Can each party raise money among its membership to determine what candidate they will field? Or do they get this from the government as well?

Is it illegal for people to raise money for a candidate's cause and let a group spend the money as they see fit as long as the candidate themselves are not involved? For example, Citizen X wants to spend his own money to buy TV ads to tell everyone what a great guy he thinks Macri is. citizen Y and Z want to do the same thing, but realize that if the three of them pool their money, they can coordinate what they want to say. Maybe Macri's fund-raiser is about getting money to a citizen organization that will spend money saying what a good person he is.

Seems strange to me to not allow private funding of campaigns. I can understand wanting to put contribution limits, candidate spending limits, or limits as to who can contribute (for example, foreign contributions would seem a good place to start limiting contributions) but if the government is responsible for funding presidential campaigns, what's to stop the government from giving advantages to those they like and causing hardships for those they don't?

With private contributions, the people are speaking as to whom they like for candidates. Even a grass-roots candidate without big money backing them can raise a significant amount of money from just poor people (particularly in this country where there are a lot of poor people). Maybe spending limits would help candidates with less "big money" backers.

And how is any of this (particular an alleged fundraiser for Macri) different than the videos we've seen where FpV buys votes from poor people by giving them food and money in exchange for a promise to vote for them, where the organizers who interact with the population instruct the voters to fold their tickets in a certain manner so the pollsters know who brought in the vote and get the payments out to the organizers correctly?

People put way too much trust in the government here, even after it screws them time and time again. And I'm not picking on any one party when I say that, either. In fact, I believe that is certainly the case in most countries, the US included.

Back