Maximo for Vice President?

gouchobob

Registered
The thought that Cristina has not announced yet her intentions to run for re-election strikes me as a little odd. It seems to me that she may be reluctant to serve another full term. To me it would seem to make sense to name her own son Maximo as running mate. She could run on her own popularity and then bow-out when she wants during her term secure in the knowledge that her policies will be continued and there won't be any embarrassing investigations of what went on while she and Nestor where in office. I have read that a lot of key positions in the government are being quietly taken over by people from Maximo's Peronist organization. What do you think?

Man! It is too early for this on a Saturday, you are gonna make me throw up ;)

I too, find it surprising that Cristina is waiting to announce her candidacy for president. Could be, she is waiting for the April 29th show with Moyano to make the announcement. (Of course, I'm hoping that Moyano will not be announcing his candidacy for the VP at same time. Ack!) Also, CFK's reluctance to announce may be to a health issue. We'll find out. I don't know about Maximo. Other than his name, his political presence appears too weak.

Isn't that kid too young?

Are we talking about the one that wore a wind breaker to stand near the casket at the Casa Rosada?

No sense in announcing your candidacy early when you are the odds on favorite. Let the infighting among the opposition take its toll and then announce after their internecine warfare and squabbling have reduced many of them to non-entities. Cobos ?-gone. Macri ?-looking weaker and more isolated all the time. Duhalde ?-deeply imbedded in a fantasy. Alfonsin ?-long way uphill to overcome the Radical's poor track record. Pino ?-too grumpy and doctrinaire to make friends. Carrio ?-needs more sun or bronzer. Binner ?-will probably end up with Alfonsin. Reutemann ?-he says he's not running and he's real grumpy.

Not exactly a bunch who will strike much fear into the post Kirchnerites.

Napoleon said:
Isn't that kid too young?

Are we talking about the one that wore a wind breaker to stand near the casket at the Casa Rosada?

I believe he is 32 or 33. I'm not sure there is an age requirement to be president in Argentina or not. Perhaps someone who knows could post. Sure he looks like a fat slob badly in need of a haircut but this is Argentina and anything is possible.

9213_el-dolor-de-maximo-kirchner-por-la-muerte-de-su-padre.jpg

That's a cool name and it would be easy to come up with campaign slogans.

This guy is presidential material. Get him in fast.

Back