May 18, 2022 Census Day in ARG, per optional digital tool

I also generated my unique code (codigo unico de vivienda) and completed the census in 10 minutes this morning.

These are the questions that will be asked to those who select to comply in person with the mandatory census.
The volunteer will ring your doorbell but not enter your property. The procedure will take place on the sidewalk. The questionnaire is only available in Spanish. Those who complete it online can select to do it in English or Portuguese as well.

I've been wondering what restrictions will be applied on May 18. From https://www.cronista.com/informacio...cer-y-que-no-durante-el-miercoles-18-de-mayo/ I found this:

Law 24,254, which in 1993 declared as a holiday the day on which the Census is carried out, provides in its article 2 that the following are prohibited until 20:00 on the day indicated for the Census to be carried out:

Theatrical performances.
Cinematic exhibitions.
Sports competitions.

In general, all kinds of shows and public gatherings in the open air or in covered venues. The same rule provides that the following will also be closed:

Restaurants.
Confectioneries.
Drink shops and the like.
Bakeries.
In general, all businesses selling food and beverage items and clubs will be closed until the indicated time (20:00).

It seems like supermarkets are affected, and it certainly looks like the "ley seca" applies. Also, are borders closed? A comment I've seen is that it's going to be like election day, but stricter. Maybe we should just have a BBQ at home, though it looks like being a cold, cloudy day.

There seems to be no formal requirement to stay at home, though, as long as your digital census number is available, e.g. left with a neighbour.

i live in a tower. i wonder how this is going to work, they come floor to floor? or we all go outside like a fire drill?

i live in a tower. i wonder how this is going to work, they come floor to floor?

NO....each occupant is summoned to come down one at a time. More than 1 census taker may be assigned to your bldg.

Last edited:
I was reminded today about the upcoming Census. Thanks to Gracielle for all the posts with important information. I used the link and decided to complete the form today. I wasn't able to select ENGLISH on the initial page. The first page to complete was short and easy. The second page asks for the following:

PROVINCIA
PISO NO.

DEPT/PARTIDO/COMUNA
DEPARTAMENTO/PIEZA

LOCALIDAD
EDIFICIO/MONOBLOCK

NOMBRE DE CALLE/RUTA/CAMINO
ENTRADA/ESCALERA

PUERTA NO.
CASA/ LOTE

I will admit I am clueless on how to complete.

I was reminded today about the upcoming Census. Thanks to Gracielle for all the posts with important information. I used the link and decided to complete the form today. I wasn't able to select ENGLISH on the initial page. The first page to complete was short and easy. The second page asks for the following:

PROVINCIA
PISO NO.

DEPT/PARTIDO/COMUNA
DEPARTAMENTO/PIEZA

LOCALIDAD
EDIFICIO/MONOBLOCK

NOMBRE DE CALLE/RUTA/CAMINO
ENTRADA/ESCALERA

PUERTA NO.
CASA/ LOTE

I will admit I am clueless on how to complete.
Provincia: select CIUDAD AUTÓNOMA DE BUENOS AIRES

Departamento / Partido / Comuna:
COMUNA followed by your Comuna #

Localidad: (repeat) COMUNA followed by your Comuna #

Nombre de calle / Ruta / Camino: name of your street

Puerta N°/ Km: numerical denomination of your address

Piso N°: floor number where your apt is located

Departamento / Pieza: your apt number

Edificio / Monoblock / Tira: select EDI (as your apt is located in a building)

Entrada / Escalera: select ES (unless your unit is located at ground floor)

Casa / Lote: select CA

Got it done online yesterday. Thanks to Gracielle for helping to fill in the blanks.

But I have yet to receive a confirmation email?

Got it done online yesterday. Thanks to Gracielle for helping to fill in the blanks.

But I have yet to receive a confirmation email?
I'm glad it worked well for you. Did you have the same issue, as Jantango, where she was unable to select the version in English? I chose to do it Spanish and received the confirmation email immediately after the completion. But I did it in March. Perhaps now it may take longer to receive it as the volume of people completing it has increased exponentially.

Back