Medí tu nivel de Milei en sangre 🤔

There's several problems I have with these kinds of surveys, and I'll explain why using the questions that I agree with Milei on, despite being one of the kinds of people he'd love to disappear:

"Public TV became a propaganda mechanism and should be privatized"

I believe it's overwhelmingly Peronist propaganda, and I'd rather it be eliminated than turned in to Mileista propaganda if those are my choices.

"Any minister who spends more [than budgeted], I will fire him"

If your staff doesn't listen to you as president, then they should be fired, not because I think state spending is a bad thing, but because it is important to adhere to the budget you're given, especially when spending other people's money.

"AerolĂ­neas Argentinas must be transferred to its employees and then compete within an open skies policy"

We are a developing country and have to prioritize expenditures. Running an airline isn't cheap, and AerolĂ­neas has been a disastrous waste of resources better spent on other things like food aid to indigenous communities or ensuring hospitals actually have chemo meds. We also already have another state airline that can operate what is known in the US as USDOT Essential Air Services, LADE. For example, if no airline wanted to fly to Comodoro Rivadavia, LADE could fly once or a couple times a week to connect remote communities, or provide transportation to cities with specialized medicine, or ship in supplies needed, etc. This is all in addition to the fact that AerolĂ­neas Argentinas has been turned in to a Campora pet project, an arm of the state should not be run by, nor filled with militant activists loyal to a wannabe caudillo from Santa Cruz. Finally, this is the solution I am in favor of as I believe in worker co-ops, and it's better than simply selling the airline, which would likely result in chunks of it just being cannibalized by foreign companies opening Argentine subsidiaries.

The State must stop creating obstacles to the legal carrying of weapons

I don't trust the police to keep me or my family safe, certainly not in Provincia. My in laws were robbed at gunpoint in their home, and when the thieves left, and they called 911, la Bonaerense asked them "They're gone, what exactly do you expect us to do now?". As well, I'd rather the people who Mileistas/far right people hate such as feminists, LGBT people, ethnic minorities, etc. have guns instead of only the former.

We must reduce the tax burden and eliminate taxes

I believe some taxes should be eliminated, and at the very least reformed. For example, there's an effective tax rate of almost 70%-80% on people who work in the knowledge economy remotely for foreign companies or people. I also think VAT/IVA/flat taxes are the most regressive tax since poor and rich people consume the same amount of calories, yet the poor pay disproportionately more than the rich as a percentage of their income in such a system. Also I think the 155% tax on dollars is illegal because inflation eats away at the perceptions, making it an interest free loan to the government, and the president shouldn't have the power to set tax policy by fiat, that's supposed to be Congress' job.

Back